Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Late Night

A few weeks ago we didn't have much going on over the weekend so I told the boys they could each invite a friend over for a "late night." Weston has been to a few of these "late night" get togethers with his friends. It usually involves pizza and popcorn and staying up a little bit later than normal to watch a movie.  Since there weren't any newly released kid movies out that weekend the boys picked an oldie, "The Pirates Band of Misfits." 

We ended up having three of Davin's friends over and only one of Weston's. They were supposed to each only invite one friend, but Davin wanted his friends who are twins, so I told him that was fine. However, they didn't get back to me until the last minute and in the meantime Davin had invited Matthew. So all three came. It was fun. They had a great time and felt grown up. Ian picked up Pizza Hut and we ate dinner at the table then I put Talia and Beckett to bed around 7:30 while Ian started the movie for the big kids.
Weston and his friend, Gage.
We had some cookies about halfway through. Ten minutes later I looked over and Matthew was completely asleep. His dad walked over and picked him up and took him home to sleep. :) It was pretty cute. Everyone else stayed until 9:30 when the movie was over. It was pretty low key.  I would be willing to do it again sometime.
Ella, Cole, Davin, and Matthew.

No comments: