Thursday, February 6, 2014

Weston Turned 8!

Last Wednesday was Weston's 8th birthday! He was really excited for his birthday this year and I tried to make it special. He woke up to some birthday decorations in the kitchen. After breakfast we let him open his presents from us (well most of them). He got a tiny quad RC helicopter. It's really cool and it was just what he wanted. He also got a Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie and a Green Lantern dress up. It was a fun morning. 
I dropped off a birthday "treat" to Weston at school at lunch time. I am bummed I forgot to take a picture because he was so cute when he came to the office wearing his birthday crown and feeling so cool carrying a bunch of Doritos to his class. The Doritos were a big hit.

After school a few of Weston's friends came over and Ian and I took them (plus Davin) to play at Jump On It. We left Talia and Beckett at home with a sitter. We probably could have brought them and it would have been fine, but it sure was nice not having to worry about keeping them happy the whole time. The boys had a blast running and jumping on the trampolines. The place was pretty empty so they could do whatever they wanted. We stayed for almost two hours then took the whole crew over to Carl's Jr. for dinner (per Weston's request of course).
They played in the play place and ate their food. It was hilarious listening to their conversations in the car and at dinner. They talked about football (and their disinterest in football for some), how kissing is gross, and even delved into some doctrinal speculation (I believe the question was What if Satan's Plan Had Worked?). Bahaha. Weston is lucky to have so many great friends.
After dinner we headed back to the house and Weston opened presents from his friends. They know him well since they all got him Lego's. Then it was time to sing and eat cake! Weston requested chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. He said it's the only cake he likes. I have to mostly agree. It turned out delicious, but unfortunately the cute writing frosting ran when I covered it up for the night on Tuesday. Oh well, still yummy.
By the time friends went home it was time to get everyone to bed and for Ian and I to crash on the couch. Before Weston went to bed he said it was the best birthday yet and that it would probably be the best birthday he ever has. I guess we set the bar pretty high. I loved that I didn't have to have a ton of kids at my house but he still got to celebrate with friends. I can't believe Weston is 8. That just sounds like such a big kid!

1 comment:

joyous said...

A birthday party AND a baptism...you are the best mom ever! He's just such a cute kid too.