Friday, May 9, 2008

The Blahs

So I've kinda been in a funk the last few days. I've sat down to blog twice and just couldn't think of anything fun, exciting or even really happy to write about. Life is just kind of slow and slightly depressing right now. Part of the problem is that I wake up in such a bad mood all the time. Davin sleeps ok at night but he always seems to wake up between 6 and 6:30 to eat and it's just such a crappy time for him to be up since it's earlier than I want to be awake, but too late to really go back to sleep after that feeding since Weston is up between 7 and 7:30. I don't do well without sleep. It just makes me so cranky and that's never a good way to start the day. Then I'm all snappy with Weston and that makes me feel even worse (mom guilt). Anyway, all in all it's a vicious little cycle. I truly have been trying to pull myself out of it. I've been exercising and reading my scriptures and playing with Weston when I feel really down, but it seems to just be welling in the background so quick to pop back up with small provocations.
Hopefully today will be better, but so far it's not shaping up that way. It's cloudy and gloomy outside and Davin was wide awake for an hour+ last night from 3:45-4:45ish.

I took a break since writing the above and went to Sams club to do some shopping. I was excited to find that they now sell the uncooked tortillas that you just cook right before on your stove. Yay. They are my favorite and until now I thought I had to make a special Costco run just to get them, but now they are right where I do my normal shopping so that's good news. Anyway, getting back into the swing of my day has improved my mood. Sorry if I was depressing anyone before, but I was just trying to be honest with myself mostly.
Anyway, I think that while Weston is watching Thomas I will tidy up and get the house ready to vacuum. Having a clean house always makes me feel better. :)

In the meantime, my friend, Brie, introduced me to this website with a ton of totally random e-cards. Here are a few samples that made me laugh today. Enjoy!



3 comments:

Alexis said...

These are hilarious

Anonymous said...

I've decided this is just a BLAH week. Everyone I've talked to is blah, blah, blah! I'm sure next week is going to be super. Davin will sleep through the night and sleep in until 9:30 p.m. (as will Weston). You will have people coming to your door wanting to help you and go on outings with you. Just hang in there. The one constant of life is that it's always changing :-)

Love, Mom

brie said...

Someecards.com makes me feel happy even when life, well, blows. And it's okay to have the blahs. I obviously have experience in this area, expertise, if you will, and I'm amazed how you've held it all together with Mini Men Madness and everything going on. You're amazing!