Happy Mother's Day to everyone! Hope you all had a lovely, relaxing, fun day with your families. I personally had a wonderful Mother's Day. As mentioned in my previous post I got my special day started a little early with an outing on Saturday and then a big part of my gift was a full night's sleep Saturday night. Ian got up with Davin all night and fed him bottles and I got to roll over and go back to sleep. Yay! I think that was my favorite part of my Mother's Day. We had a nice slow Sunday morning then went to church. Weston sang with the primary and was so cute! He held up a flower and even did one of the actions to the song! I was so proud. :) That afternoon Ian bbqed hamburgers and hot dogs and we had fresh strawberries and chips. It was a nice meal. We talked to our families and then had our friends over to play Rumi Kube. It was a very nice Mother's Day. I even convinced Ian to give me a backrub before bed! :) Thanks honey for making it such a nice day. I love you!
So, now we are back to our daily routine. For our outing today we went to Petsmart to look at animals and came home with a new pet-- an African Dwarf Frog! They are pretty much the most fun water pets. Weston picked his frog out from the tank and held him all the way home. When we got home and got him all settled in the fishbowl I told Weston he should give him a name, and I gave him some suggestions. He wanted to call him Pete, so without further ado . . . Introducing Pete!
Weston glowing with pride at his new pet.

Not the most amazing picture but there is an outline that is pretty believable as a frog at the bottom right. What a cute little froggy. :)

This is kind of a random picture of the boys in their PJ's lounging Sunday morning. Weston is in love with those red Thomas PJ's and they are pretty adorable on him.
7 comments:
Yah for Pete! How cute is Weston with his new friend! I hope Pete doesnt hop out of there! Love you guys! Happy Mother's Day Shan!
He is the cutest boy I've ever met!! (I haven't actually met Davin yet.) I love that big smile. :) And he is way better at naming things than Lizzie....what are his favorite girl names?!? (j/k) Three more days!
That's really cool! We've been considering giving Makenzie a fish for her birthday. But a frog is even cooler! We'll have to come see Pete (I have a funny story about the name Pete, I'll tell you later). By the way, your hair looks great! I haven't seen you in ages. As soon as Makenzie stops moanin' and groanin', let's go do something (yep, she's getting molars). I really want to go to the petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point so maybe we can go there!
what a cutie!! and how fun to get a new pet. We really want to get soemthing for the apartment. Also HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! i meant to call but i suck and didnt.... glad to hear it was a good one. your hair looks soo freakin cute!!!
I am glad you had a good day. Yay for a full night's sleep.
So cute!! I love that picture of Weston and his new frog, Pete. That is darling! you seriously can see how happy he is to have him. I am glad you had a successful trip to petsmary. I am glad you had a nice Mother's Day too. Yeah for good husbands. It looks like us snowball grandchildren have done good in picking wonderful husbands. I know I feel lucky and blessed!! Hope your week is still going good.
Ha those pajama's are so cute!! What happened to the fish!? A frog would be a good idea. I feel the need for a new pet... I just have to get Brad to agree! ha I want to come down again...this weekend! ha maybe very soon though
Post a Comment