Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nightmares

Last night Davin had an awesome sleeping night and was only up once from 10pm-7:15am! I know, you're thinking, "Shannon probably is feeling so rested only having to get up once," but sadly you would be wrong. Weston woke up screaming twice last night because he was having bad dreams about a spider being in his bed. So after going to bed at 10:30 last night I was up at 11:30 debriefing with Ian why Weston was having nightmares, then up again at 2am calming Weston down and tucking him in, then at 4:30 with Davin for a feeding, then Davin again at 7:15. Ugh. Poor Weston was convinced there was a spider in his bed. Probably because he found a little tiny spider in the kitchen yesterday and also he looked at the big huge tarantula at the library (it was in a cage). Anyway, Ian pulled the covers all they way back just to make sure it really was just a dream (spiders in your bed is not out of the realm of possibility in our house). So yeah, not the best night for me, but I'm coping.

Today we were going to go to the toy store to pick out a present for Weston's cousin Lizzie's birthday. Weston had some leftover birthday money in his piggy bank so I told him he could bring it and pick out a toy for himself too. He was pretty excited about this and put his money in his pocket at like 9am. We ended up going to Target instead of Toys R Us, but it was so fun. Weston picked out a really cool little curious george train toy that goes all on it's own and then turns around and goes the other way when it runs into something. I got a fun toy too. I have been wanting a dust buster for about a year now and I had a Target gift card, so I finally bought one! Now that I've had it for a few hours I'm already wondering how I lived without it all this time. I love indulging my OCD tendencies. :) I won't say what we ended up getting for Lizzie, but it's awesome. Also, side note, if you are ever looking for paint with water books for your kids, Target has them. We got a few of those too. Definitely a fun little outing.

My new toy! Isn't it great? It even matches my kitchen with the red and white. Loving it!
Weston and his new George toy. He was pretty pleased with himself when he paid for it too.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Bad night! Isn't that the worst . . .baby sleep great, 2 year old sleeps horrible! Uggg! Now, we can only hope you get a little nap or something. But, I am very glad you had a fun time at Target. Yeah for that! And yeah, that you get to see your sister in just a few more days!!

joyous said...

Yeah for the paint with water books!! We pulled ours out today after our library outing. The girls had fun and Mimi only spilled the water once. :) I love your dust buster too...I should get mine out more often.

Jackie H said...

Oh do we know how you feel! Claire has had dreams about a dog eating her sippy cup and biting her dad for like a year now. Nightmares are scary stuff. Our kids are always tag-teaming us. I swear they decide who will keep us up at night!

Thanks for the Target tip too.