Monday, May 19, 2008

Sisters

Oh how I love my sisters. I hate that I live far away from them all, but I love when we get to be together and visit. My older sister, Joy, came to visit me for the first time in almost 2 years (I have seen here in there, but always at my parents house when we are all together). So this was the first time she had seen my house and also the first time she saw Davin! We had a fabulous time together.
Joy got here Thursday evening and we got Papa Murphy's pizza when we got home from the airport. It was so delicious. Ian and I had to run and test drive a little car we were thinking about buying (and did buy, post on that forthcoming), so I felt bad leaving right after she got there, but we weren't gone too long. Anyway, long story short when I got home we spent the rest of the night talking, literally. We didn't go to bed until 3am. Just a few short hours later it was Friday morning and Weston was up and wanting to play. We were so tired, but it was totally worth it.
Friday we went and did some shopping at Deseret Book and Babies R Us. Joy got a new cute diaper bag. We were going to go to Cafe Rio for lunch, but while waiting for Ian to join us got a call that he needed to be picked up because the Camry had died on the freeway on his way there. Bummer. We ended up letting McDonald's feed us instead and Ian worked from home the rest of the afternoon while the rest of us napped. Aren't we the exciting ones?!? Anyway, after dinner that night Joy and I went to this store called "The Quilted Bear." I had never been there. It was tons of fun and had all these little booths set up where crafters sell their stuff. We wandered and looked and got a couple fun things.
Saturday we did a little more shopping. Well I did some more shopping. Joy wasn't feeling great but was a real trooper helping me pick out clothes anyway. I finished shopping for my spring/summer clothes and Joy got a couple dresses for her girls. That night we had a bbq and played with Weston. After the boys were in bed Joy and I went and saw "Penelope" at the dollar theater. It was so cute! We had a great time watching the movie and commenting to each other. It was seriously an adorable movie. We highly recommend it if you like sweet girly movies that make you smile.
So, Saturday was a pretty late night too. I had to take Joy to the airport at 7am Sunday. Sad day . . . our visit was over. It was so fun though. I so appreciate Joy taking her solo vacation out here to visit me! Here are some pics of our awesome sister weekend.

Joy playing with Weston. He was so excited for her to be there and wanted to show her all his stuff.
Weston showing Auntie Joy his new bubble gun out in the backyard (I did not realize that I was in this picture)
Auntie Joy and her newest nephew.
Auntie Joy and the boys. They love their aunties!
Me and my sister . . . I thought we were doing cheesy smiles. ;)

8 comments:

Tasha said...

SO SO SOOOO FUN!!! I am very glad that you got to have Joy there for 2 whole days and then a little extra. Yeah for sister time is right! There really is nothing like it. How fun for Joy to get away by herself too. Joy . . .you are looking darling pregnant too. Loved seeing pictures of you since we don't usually on your own blog. You really are such a cute pregnant person!!

Sherrie said...

So good to read about Joy's visit. I'm glad Weston and Davin had some quality time with their auntie. She looks great! I can't wait to read about the new car.

Anonymous said...

You girls are so cute together. Just like the old days :-) I'm so glad you had fun :-) Love, Mom

joyous said...

Yeah! I love your cheesy smile. :) Where's the gopher face?!?! Thanks for a fun weekend, sister!

Olson Family said...

awww I am glad you guys had fun together!! I think its my turn now! hahaha

Anonymous said...

So much fun@!!! I'm jealous but excited that you and joy spent so much time together...I hadn't realized it had been that long!! I have a blog, but i don't know how to add people.. so it's melandbradc.blogspot.com find me@!!!

Tara said...

That's so cool. It's so much fun how much family you have had come visit lately. It kind of feels like you're on vacation when family comes, huh? Planning days full of fun. Joy looks so cute pregnant! What is she having?

Alexis said...

Hey! Did you know Liz lives in Utah now? In Payson. I was thinking maybe you, me, Lisa, and Liz could all get together when I'm up there? I'll call you.