Monday, September 29, 2008

The Best of Feelings . . .

This weekend we were incredibly busy. I didn't see Davin on Saturday at all after 9am.

Friday morning I drove around Salt Lake City and went mattress shopping with my friend. It was actually pretty fun, especially the being chased by bees at McDonald's part. Also, laying on mattresses is always fun. Anyway, that afternoon we went and picked up Ian from work and went to Eagle Mountain for his chiropractor appointment. His back is still kind of sore, but better. Since we were all the way in Eagle Mountain already we decided to stay and hang out with the Burton's, so we had pizza and let the boys play until bedtime. Once the kidlets were in bed we watched "Run, Fatboy, Run." It sounds stupid, but we really enjoyed it. Very funny and sweet.

Saturday morning we got up early and headed to the temple. We ended up not making it in until the 10 o'clock session. We had such a nice time though. I actually was feeling pretty awake and alert for having such a late Friday night. Big shout-out THANKS to Ireland for babysitting for free for us. We so appreciate it.
We didn't end up getting home until 12:30pm, so we ate lunch and put Weston down for a nap and then I headed out to run a couple errands and then went to Sanctuary Day Spa where I finally used my gift certificate for a massage (from my birthday in March). I LOVE Sanctuary. It is such a nice place. I love being pampered and massages are the best. It was great. Thanks again for the gift honey (and for staying with the boys)!
I missed Ian heading out to the mall, so when I got home they were gone and I threw on a skirt and went to the Relief Society broadcast. I was glad I could be there. It is always nice to hear some inspiring words. I also got to mingle a little bit with the stake. I know literally no one, so it was good to meet a couple people.

Sunday I went to choir only to find out that I will be in CA when they are going to sing. I swear I am always gone when they sing. Over the entire time we have lived in this ward I think I have only actually sung with the choir 1 time. How sad. Oh well, at least I will be around for Christmas this year. I also taught Young Women's, which was only ok. I hate the dating lesson. It feels so lame. Anyway, it was a very busy weekend.

Then there was this morning. I had my dentist appointment this morning at 8am. I actually made it out of the house before Weston woke up, which made things easier.
I was sure that I was going to have like 10 cavities since I hadn't been to the dentist for almost 2 years. I am so excited to report that I had ZERO cavities. I did have a little spot that would have probably turned into a cavity, so I got a sealant put on it, but other than that, it was pretty uneventful. Once again, I was told that I needed my wisdom teeth out, however, this new dentist has an oral surgeon on staff that comes in once a month and can do anesthesia and everything, so I can get all 4 of my wisdom teeth out while put under for $120! I can't believe how much cheaper it is going to be! Thank you Verite for shelling out for the good dental coverage: 90%. I am finally home and on the computer for the first time in days. I was almost going through withdrawals (apparently that is the correct spelling). It is nice to have a little down time to catch up on laundry, dishes and blogging.

BTW, Mom, did I win the dentist bet? I do believe you owe me some See's in October. :)

6 comments:

Tasha said...

Way to have a good weekend! Love ones like that :) And way to go to the dentist!! VERY IMPRESSED!

Hilary said...

I'm super impressed by your dentist appt . . . I swear everytime I go I seem to have a chip or something that has to be filled and 'will eventually be a crown.' Pregnancy did a number on my teeth . . . both pregnancies I had two teeth crack or chip.
Sounds like you had fun getting out . . . I'm looking forward to a few months down the road when I can leave Ellie for that long!

Jared and Delia said...

Yay for no cavities!

I can't believe Davin is six months old already. I know the bitter sweet feelings of the newborn phase too. I love how cuddly and little they are when they are newborns but I could do without the sleeplessness. It is fun to see them grow up and yet so sad!

Sarah said...

Your inspiring Shan, I got to the dentist today, I can only hope for the same good report you had!

Unknown said...

wow, I'm going to have to agree with all the other dentist comments. I have really weak teeth (inherited from my dad) and I swear I NEVER go to the dentist without having to have some kind of work done. I HATED my dentist when I was growing up because he always looked at me with that 'uh-huh, oh really, I've heard that story before' expression when I told him, yes, I brushed every morning and night. I always put off going to the dentist. has to be my least favorite doctor appointment. even worse than gyno.

Hilary said...

I'm now thinking I'm going to make every bet with my Mom payable in See's candies . . . I'm now thinking of going to the mall and getting a sucker after reading your post!