Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oregon Trip-Part 1

WARNING: All of the Oregon Trip posts contain LOTS of pictures. I just couldn't narrow it down any further.
We are here in beautiful Oregon! So far we are having an awesome trip. The weather has been absolutely perfect. Sunny and warm and gorgeous. Our flight out was half empty, so we could take Davin's carseat on the plane. He slept almost the entire flight. Weston was not as perfect, but did pretty well (for a 2 year old).

We spent the day Saturday just visiting and watching the BYU v. Washington game. We also discovered an awesome little park right near the house, so we checked that out too.

Monday we went to visit Multnomah Falls. I hadn't been there since Ian and I got married, so it was fun to go back and reminisce. Weston thought the falls were cool. He kept saying "there was a big waterfall and a little (said in his funny voice) waterfall." He picked out a truck (of course) from the gift shop. Great Grandma Bowles came with us and we picnicked at the base of the falls.

Davin's first plane ride (5 1/2 months).
Both boys swinging at the little Damascus park. Davin could hardly tear his eyes off his big brother.Weston and I at Multnomah Falls. He was being slightly clingy.
The not-so-newlyweds in front of the falls. We hadn't been there since our honeymoon almost 5 years ago.
When the weather is nice it's hard to imagine why everyone doesn't live in OR: it's so green and temperate and beautiful, but then you remind yourself that it does rain 250 days a year. Here are the boys crossing the bridge on the way down to the base of the falls.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

looks beautiful! Glad you're having such a great trip!

Glen & Kat said...

I'm so glad the weather is cooperating. I also haven't been to the falls since we got married. I'd forgotten how pretty they are--how fun!

Glen & Kat said...

P.S. I'm glad the flight was uneventful--always a plus!

Tasha said...

SO FUN!!! It looks like you are having a wonderful trip. I am so glad!! I cannot wait to read the rest of your posts. i love those waterfalls. So so pretty.