Thursday, September 18, 2008

Castle Park

Today we went to story time at the West Jordan library. It was a very fun morning about counting. They did "This Old Man" and it's now Weston's favorite song. I think I've sung it 4 times since we left. We met up with Tara and her kids, Makenzie and Jarom, at the library and then we all went over to the park afterwards. The West Jordan park has this amazing castle playground. It is HUGE and so fun. Anyway, Kenz and Weston ran around together while Tara and I talked and pushed the babies in the swings. They were both really tired and they totally fell asleep in the swings, so we stopped pushing them and let them nap. It was really funny. Poor babies having to stick to the big siblings schedules.
This was Weston's favorite part of the park. There were 2 of these diggers. It was really funny watching him do it because he didn't quite get the mechanics of it and he would use all his body weight to help move the big handles.
This one random huge red swing was in the middle of all the baby swings. It was kind of cool. I think it's maybe supposed to be for kids with disabilities or something.

7 comments:

JAB0218 said...

What a fun park! Where is it at in West Jordan?
Annette

Tasha said...

I LOVE the picture of your two sleeping babies. So cute and funny! That park looks very fun and to be honest that red swing looks awesome. I am glad you were able to get out and enjoy the afternoon. It is still just so hot here. We went to the park for playgroup but most of the time the kids just wanted to be in the shade with us Mom's and their faces were red and sweaty. Oh heat PLEASE go away or at least go back to the 80's.

Tara said...

Jarom's head just looks so wrong in that picture. Poor baby. That pic of Weston digging is really cute. I'm in love with his cowboy boots'n'jeans. It was definitely fun to get out and do something!

joyous said...

I'm so glad that Davin has sunglasses, I was going to ask if he owned a pair. They have a couple big swings like that red one at a park we went to the other day. I'd never seen one like it, but they're kinda cool. I'm sorry I missed you yesterday, I didn't even see the message until way late last night. :(

The Curnow Family said...

oh my goodness!! I love the picture of the babies sleeping!!

Pam said...

Davin is getting quite the expressions. I'd like to hear what he is thinking in some of those.

Hilary said...

Annie LOVES this park, and anytime anyone wants to go, just email me! It's off Redwood and 7800 South, just behind the West Jordan City Hall!
We do Tuesday, 10:30AM, story time at the Park/Taylorsville library every week, Annie loves the new songs!