Friday of our trip was fun and mellow. We spent the morning playing in my parents' backyard while Davin took a forever long morning nap. When my mom got home from school at lunchtime we went over to the La Habra Children's Museum for the afternoon. It is a great little museum and the kids had a lot of fun. They had this exhibit with several little displays of different countries. Here is Davin playing with/eating the plastic food that the people of Indonesia eat.

Weston and I in a real rickshaw.

There were dress up clothes from the different countries too, so my mom and I had to put on hula skirts and Weston favored the Japanese fashions.

The museum also has a really small carousel in one of the main rooms, so Davin had his first ride on the merry go round. He looked bewildered through most of it, but I think he had a good time. He rode twice and was mellow the whole time.

Weston enjoyed being the bus driver. He had to take turns though because Daddy wanted that job too.

Friday afternoon we took the kids in the "pool" again. My dad brought home In N Out for dinner and then we celebrated Davin's birthday early. He opened his presents from my parents. Weston really wanted to help him rip into his presents, but he did pretty well waiting until I said he could help. Davin thought ripping the paper up was a fun thing. He loved his new book too. After he opened his presents we had cupcakes from Beverly's Best. Yum.

I was interested to see how Davin would do with his cupcake. Weston was not a fan of getting messy with his 1st birthday cupcake. The singing seemed to make Dav a little nervous, but he thought the candle was cool. He didn't try to touch it though. Mom and I blew it out for him.

Then we set the cupcake on his tray and he just ripped into it and ate and ate. It was quite the mess, but he was happy as a clam. He ate every crumb he could find on his tray. When we went to take him out of his high chair and clean him off he cried and cried and was still trying to eat the crumbs that had fallen on his legs and diaper. I would say it was a successful first cupcake experience.

After we got kids to bed we played cards and sat in the spa with my parents. It was nice to have some down time to just visit. We gathered our stuff up from the four corners of the house and set our alarms. We decided to drive all the way home on Saturday, so we got on the road at 5:30am and after 3 stops made it home a little before 6pm. Wow. What a trip. I am so glad that Ian was able to take the vacation time and that we got to do so many fun things all together. Thanks for bearing with me and my 5 post recap of our trip. Now back to reality. Ian is back at work, busy as ever and I am getting caught up with the grocery shopping, house cleaning and getting back into our routine. Fun times in CA. Can't wait to go back . . . already.
7 comments:
Yeah!! I love Davin with his cupcake mess. love it. So fun that you got to spend so much time with your family and enjoy being all together for so many days. You guys really did a lot and that makes for a fun vacation. Good luck as you get back into the swing of things at home. Hopefully this week hasn't been too hard getting the kids back into routine. I loved reading all your posts about your visit.
Davin looks good in his little chocolate beard! I got your message today (way too late)- I was running errands/shopping all morning and didn't get your message until later in the day, sorry. Let me know if you're going next week. I'm glad you guys had such a blast in CA!
I lvoe that Davin got all into his cupcake he is my kind of kid.
Too cute cupcake messy picture! I love that you posted so much about your trip---what a treasure to have. I've got to get better at documenting things.
It sounds like you guys had a great trip. That museum looks so fun.
Happy Birthday Davin.
Owen was afraid of his cake too. I don't know if it has anything to do with how nut-so I was about keeping him clean. He still shakes his hands all femmy like and requests a napkin when his hands get dirty. I am going to rub Reid in the dirt this summer and not make that mistake again. It reminds me of the Huggies bubble ad campaign...although I was never THAT bad.
Looks like Davin didn't mind getting covered in cake. That picture is classic.
What a cutie!!! I love his cupcake pictures. The museum looks great too. What a fun trip you guys had. I'm impressed you made it home in one day without too much trouble. I have to convince Jim that we have to stop for longer each time with the girls so that it is not as painful. Have fun in real life again!
holy cow Davin looks like a little boy all of a sudden! Maybe its being covered in cupcake...i don't know. Looks like you guys had fun in CA!
Post a Comment