Sunday, March 1, 2009

CA Trip-Disneyland!

Monday was our day at the Land of the Mouse. We were all pretty excited. Weston talked non-stop about all the things he was going to do and Ian hadn't been to Disneyland in about 10 years. A friend in my parents' ward works at Disneyland doing the window displays on Main Street, so he was kind enough to drive down and sign us in for the day. These pictures are all from while we were hanging out waiting for him. We didn't wait that long, but when you are all pumped up for D-land 15 minutes seems like a long time.


Once we got into the park Weston's first request was, of course, the Buzz Lightyear ride. We went on it twice before I convinced Weston that we needed to go on some other rides too. Next up was the rockets right next to Buzz.

I love the excitement on Weston's face in this one. He had such a fabulous time the whole day. The rockets actually made me a little nauseated. I must be getting old.
As we stepped off the rockets we ran into Captain Hook. Given that Weston is very into pirates, he was stoked. We only had to wait for one other person before we got to visit with Peter Pan's nemesis. Captain Hook was really quite cute with Weston and tickled him with the feathers on his hat, signed his book, etc. Here they are doing the pirate hook and saying "Arr Matey."
Well after seeing Captain Hook we had to make the Peter Pan ride our next stop. After that Ian took Davin to feed him while I took Weston on the carousel. This is after the carousel. Weston is using his muscles to try to pull the sword from the stone. He seemed pretty annoyed that it wouldn't come out.
Next up was Dumbo. Ian took Weston on while I hung out with Davin. Despite my best efforts I couldn't get Dav to take a nap. Oh well. He still behaved really well. Here are my boys on the flying elephant.
That was about it for Fantasy Land. We headed over to check out the newly remodeled It's a Small World. Weston claims that that song is now his favorite. Yipee. The ride is really much the same with the exception of a few more modern Disney movie characters added, and everything had a fresh coat of paint and sparkles. I enjoyed it. After a potty/diaper change break we started trucking across the park toward California Adventure. We got side tracked though when we saw Goofy. When Weston was telling Grandma B and Grandpa Bob about his day he kept calling Goofy, Goof. I think it's funny that they are good enough pals for him to have a nickname.
Once we made it to California Adventure we were just in time for the Playhouse Disney show. It was a big hit since we now get the Disney channel and are quite familiar with all the fun shows. Davin had fallen asleep on our walk over to the other park, so he had a little nap and woke up pretty happy. Here he is playing with Daddy in line for the show. Davin was trying to steal Daddy's sunglasses. I think their faces are funny in this pic.
When the show was over we hopped on the Monsters Inc. ride then sat down and ate a semi-real meal. I really wanted to take Weston on the new Toy Story ride, but by the time we walked all the way over to it Weston had fallen asleep and we decided to send both the boys home with Grandma B. That actually worked out perfect. They were both really tired and Ian and I wanted to go on a couple adult rides. Weston was zonked for awhile, Davin not so much. Tired boys at the end of their fun day.
Once my mom had taken the boys, Ian and I headed back to California Adventure to go on the California Screamin' roller coaster. It was AWESOME. We both loved it. I can't remember the last time I had been on a real roller coaster and this one was really fun. We got off and immediately ran back in line. California Adventure closed at 6pm, so we hopped on the swings on our way out of the park then went back to Disneyland. We basically walked on Space Mountain and then went on Pirates. After that we were both pretty exhausted, so we swung into In N Out on the way home and called it a day. A wonderful day.

12 comments:

Cami said...

If I were Weston, I too would be annoyed that I couldn't pull out the sword from the stone!

Jared and Delia said...

How fun! The Buzz ride was Owen's favorite too when we went two summers ago.

That is so cool that you guys got to go to Disneyland.

Hilary said...

How much fun!!
You're getting me even more psyched for our Disneyland trip in May!

Tara said...

Oh man, that sounds SO FREAKIN FUN!!! I'm jealous! Got to take your kids for free and end it off with a date night and In & Out??!! That is awesome, that was a good day. I'm glad you guys are having fun, it's making me majorly vacation hungry though!

jilljohnson said...

Looks like you had a great day at disneyland. How fun that you and Ian got to have some adult time too.

Liz Smith said...

FUN!!! we're hoping to make it to disneyland too....i love it. glad you guys had a fun trip. :)

Anonymous said...

Weston & Davin look too cute for their own good in those Mickey Mouse Ears. It's so cook Weston wasn't afraid of all the characters. I was (and possibly still slightly am) terrified of them! Haha. Glad you guys had fun!!

Beth said...

I love Disneyland! We have had passes for at least the last 18 years. The entire family has them now and we usually go 1 to 2 times a month...one of the benefits of living on Orange County.

Heather told me she ran into you while you were here. I wish I was with her...I would of loved to meet your boys in person!

joyous said...

You got some great pictures. I love the one in front of the "C" while you guys were waiting. What a fun day. Can't wait to see the rest of your trip!

The Curnow Family said...

Wow, that's fun!! I love the picture of Davin and Ian!! I love disneyland there are so many fun things! I want to go back!!

Dawnie said...

Wow, that was some trip! I am super jealous but so happy that you guys had such a great time :) How cool that you got some time without the boys to do fun rides. My favorite part would have been the In-N-Out burger part ;) Call me so we can hang out!!! Loves
-Dawnie-

Tasha said...

Now that does sound like one perfect day at Disneyland!! I love their Mickey ears and shirts too. So fun!!!