After our high adventures at Disneyland we decided to take Tuesday easy. We slept in, had a leisurely breakfast . . . oh wait. No, we were up by 7am and had Cocoa Puffs for breakfast. :) Anyway, we went and met up with my Dad for lunch in the park. It was SO nice to be able to play at the park since in UT it has been too cold for the park for months. The boys came home and all took naps, which was fabulous. When we all woke up we got to swim in Grandma B's pool. Really it is just the hot tub that we turn down to 95 degrees and splash around in, but it's as good as a pool for the kids. Davin loved the water and had a blast splash splash splashing.


That evening Ian and I left the boys with my dad and we headed out for our official date. We doubled with my sister, Jules and her boyfriend, Jason. It was quite the marathon date. First we all got massages at Happy Feet (which felt amazing), then dinner at Lucille's (Yum). After dinner we tried to go mini golfing, but it was already closed, so we detoured to Jules' apartment to grab socks and went bowling instead. We all pretty much sucked it up at bowling, but the evening still ended on a good note with frozen yogurt at
Yogurtland. It was fun to hang out with Jules and Jason. Ian and I could barely keep up though. We got home late and were exhausted. I don't know how I did that night after night when I was single.


Wednesday morning we got up fairly early and drove out to
Palmdale to visit with Ian's Grandma, Aunt Teri, Uncle Mike, Todd, Jenni, and baby Preston. It was a pretty relaxed visit. We just hung out with Grandma and watched Wall-E then headed to Todd and Jenni's for pizza and playtime. The 3 boys played well together and Weston LOVED all the fun new toys to play with.
Here are all 3 of the
Bowles great
grandkids. Davin, Preston, and Weston.

Grandma
Bowles getting
lovins from Dav. He actually took a nice long nap that afternoon, so he managed to stay awake until 8pm.

We really are so grateful to have such awesome family (on both sides) that we really love and wish we could hang out with on a more regular basis. In the meantime we will just have to continue making the most of our visits!
8 comments:
Man you guys are having such a great time, I bet you never want to come home! Davin's face is so cute in the hot tub.
Yea, more pictures. I love it. Keep it up. I want you to get to the part of the week where I was able to show up :-) Preston is a cutie too!
It sounds like you guys just had the best time! Love the pictures. Your boys are adorable, and you two make such a cute couple!
How very very fun. I am glad you got to come down to California. It sounded like a fabulous trip. I love seeing all the pictures too. :)
PS And do you want to know why we were able to marathon date when we were single night after night? Because we didn't have kids! They are just more wearing than we realize :)
Looks fun. It is amazing how much kids love water. Looks like a fun double date. I suck at bowling too.
Dang, I'm impressed you could keep up with Jules and Jason. Sounds like a fun date though. You guys do make the most of your visits. I'm already excited to see you guys again in four months!
That's so fun! I love that the Spa is Grandma B's pool! Ha it cracks me up! Your date looked like lots of fun!! And I totally know what you mean about getting so tired! Brad and I will do a day trip to Idaho Falls and get home and just crash! haha
Post a Comment