Another year has come and gone. I am now 26. I have very little to say about this birthday except that I must remember next year to NOT get excited about my birthday. It wasn't the worst day, but it wasn't great either, and to be honest I was hoping for great. Obviously having high expectations never ends well.
Yesterday I took Davin to get a big boy haircut. His hair was just getting too long and scraggly for me. He was pretty good for the haircut. He cried for the last few minutes and we both ended up with hair all over us. I think he looks adorable. This is the last smile I can remember on his face though.

Today he looked like this. All day. He was SO not feeling good. He ran a temperature even with Tylenol. He took
minuscule naps and just generally fussed all day. I did reap the snuggling benefits of having a sick baby, but that also meant I really couldn't do anything. He seriously was laying like this dozing off every few minutes for about half an hour this afternoon. I really just feel so bad for him.

When I opened my birthday presents tonight Weston was desperate to "help" (do it for me). I asked him to bring me my last present, the big one and instead he just started ripping into it. Stinker. Oh well. Davin was momentarily distracted from sickie sadness by ripping wrapping paper too.

We were all in green at one point in the day. Weston randomly changed his shirt. Anyway, if anyone needs a sugar fix I have almost an entire chocolate peanut butter cake, a quarter of a lemon vanilla cake, and a wedding style cupcake sitting on my stove. Come on over for the party! If you're wondering why this post is being written at 11:30pm, that would be because I "treated" myself to a nap. I'm such an idiot. Now I can't sleep. Not to mention Ian is snoring loudly in our bedroom and Davin is not peacefully sleeping either. I think I will go try to lull myself to sleep with some reading or word puzzles. Tomorrow will be just another day.
11 comments:
I'm so sorry about the sick baby . . . nothing is worse!
Now I desperately want a cupcake though :-)
Good thing you celebrated on Saturday, right? Sorry about Davin, sick days are rough. At least you looked cute in your green shirt! :)
I understand your day completely. I have learned not to get excited about my birthday because it is generally disappointing. I am very sorry about Davin being sick. Poor guy. And it's no fun having a sick kid. But his hair does look great, I love the cut.
Oh I wish I could help you with that cake though...now I'm jealous! I made sure I had lots of slim fast in my fridge for today. I'm not sure when I'll be able to eat after getting my wisdom teeth out.
Here's to 'just another day'!!!
so sorry your b-day wasn't so spectacular! maybe you guys can do something fun this weekend and get a sitter for the no-longer-sick boys (here's to hopin, right?)
Birthday's seem to get less exciting as each year goes by. But to have a sick baby and a sleepless night is the worst. Hang in there. Happy Birthday.
Annette
Happy Birthday Shannon! Hope baby Davin gets feeling better.
No fun that your birthday turned out that way!! I was thinking about you. It is no fun to ahve sick kids on your birthday. It is so true about adult birthdays. They just aren't the same as when we were kids.
Happy Birthday, I am sorry your little guy is sick. We just got over that, and it was not fun.
I hope Davin's doing better...you can send some of that cake my way, it all sounds so delicious!
awww...sorry about the not-so-fun bday. hopefully your week has gotten better since then. i wouldve been happy to help you finish those desserts...dang distance. :P
awww shannon I am sorry your day wasnt as fun as you had hoped! It looks like you had fun the night before though too! I love you and wish I was up there with you to celebrate.
Post a Comment