Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mommying

Last night we dropped off my car at the shop to be re-fixed. So today we were housebound. I even forgot to get the stroller out of the trunk, so we have been inside all day. I call today mommying. I didn't shower until 10am (but I did shower!), I did laundry and dishes, fed the kids, tried to tidy (but to no avail), and got dinner started in the crock pot.

I also sat and watercolored with Weston. I especially liked his painting on black paper. It looked really cool. Perhaps he has inherited Daddy's design eye.
We also baked cookies while Davin watched from the high chair, contentedly munching Saltines. He definitely prefers cookies though.
Finally, I sat on the floor and played rolly ball with this bundle of cuteness. He has decided that his new nap time is smack dab in the middle of the day (at least he takes a nap).
Tonight we will all go together and pick up my car and then go to the fitness center pool for some family splashing. Tomorrow's outing . . . Davin's haircut.

7 comments:

Hilary said...

Those cookies look SOOOO good!
I got dressed and stuff this morning, then half way through the day realized, "We're not going anywhere else today," at threw back on pajamas :-)

joyous said...

I want to watercolor with Superman!! Yay for a day at home. I didn't get myself showered until Rachel's second nap at 1. LOL But we did go run a couple errands in the afternoon. There was also some laundry and the rest of the dishes from my ginormous dinner last night. (Two full loads in the dishwasher!)

Tara said...

I can't believe he really wears that cape all the time! So cute.
No prob about tomorrow, we'll definitely go next week sometime. I'm kinda bummed though because I wanted you to bring me one of those cookies. :)
Alright see you soon!!

Jared and Delia said...

What a nice day! Were those cookies as delish as they look! Yum!

Glen & Kat said...

mmm, those cookies look so yummy! I'm glad you're having a better day; it's so nice to have a day to stay home and play. I'm glad Weston slept through the night. I was going to tell you that I was watching Supernanny once and these kids kept coming into their parents room to sleep with them, so she had the parents just pick them up and take them back to their bed without talking to or looking at them each time. It only took a couple of sleepless nights for them to get the message. I know you're a wonderful mom, it's just hard to remember sometimes, especially in a world full of instant gratification :)

Tasha said...

Way to go you!!! I am impressed with all you did today being housebound. That painting looked a lot of fun and mmm those cookies look yummy :)

Monica said...

Shannon...you are such a cute mom! I think that it's awesome that you always do such fun things with your little boys! You're doing a great job and I'm sure they appreciate the wonderful mom that you are! hey...you've got me beat at the showering...I'm lucky if I get mine by noon! ;-)