Today my baby turned 1. I am kind of sad. It just went by so fast. Faster than it did with Weston. All of a sudden Davin looks like a little boy and not so much like a baby. My life has been so blessed by having Davin be a part of it. He has changed my perspective on motherhood, in a mostly good way. He is sweet and loving. He has a killer laugh and is such a little peanut. He is a wiggle worm, but a cute one.
He had his one year well visit at the doctor's office this morning. Mean mommy made him get 3 shots on his big day. He won't remember though. This is his cute smile
pre-shots.

In case anyone is interested his stats are:
Height: 28 1/4 inches; 10%
Weight: 17 lbs. 8 oz.; negative % (they didn't tell me how negative, but lets just say he hadn't gained an ounce since his 9 month visit . . . blah)
Head: holding strong in the 50%
He was an angel for the visit and only cried for about 3 minutes after his shots. We were all excited to leave and go to the airport to pick up Grandma Denny! She is in town during her spring break until Friday. We spent the rest of the day playing and cooking.
Davin was actually fairly skilled at present opening, but didn't have much of a chance to show off his talents because Weston was quite anxious to help.

One of his gifts from us was "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." We had to read it right then. Both the boys love it.

Davin was really pretty excited about his new toys and books. He got that Mickey Mouse lovey, a shape sorting, spinning hippo toy (that Weston picked out), and that other fun train book. He also got lots of clothes, but he wasn't nearly as stoked about those, but Mommy was!

We sang Happy Birthday and Davin eyed the candle warily. He eventually reached out to try and touch it.

Weston ended up assisted with the birthday wish blowing out of the candle.

Happy Birthday my little one!!!
16 comments:
Happy Birthday Davin!!! He is such a cuttie. I love the new book. Looks like he had a great birthday!
You really do have such adorable boys! I know it may be a little soon, but I can't wait for you two to have a little girl. :)
A year already? Where does the time go? "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" was Emily's favorite book at Weston's age...and I love his negotiating skills! Clever boy ~ he knows what he wants.
Your boys are adorable! Happy Birthday, Davin!
Did you dye your hair recently? It looks so shiny and dark and pretty in those pictures.
happy birthday to davin! i love your boys!! that video was awesome...gotta love cute little kids with excellent negotiating skills. :)
He's so cute! I can't believe he's one already (or that my own teeny tiny infant will be one in less than two months!) He seems like such an angel!
so did Dav ever end up eating any more after he smashed it to smitherines? and I LOVED Weston's politicking for another cupcake! what a smart kiddo!
LOVE IT!!!! What a cutie that Davin is. And Weston has you wrapped around his little finger. ;) Nice try putting it off to Grandma! I still can't believe how well Davin ate his cupcake...my kids we usually afraid of their cake.
ohhh my gosh how cute!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVIN!!! i seriously cant believe he is one! What a big cute boy!! I love you guys and cant wait to see you again!
Happy Birthday Davin!! Maybe if you fed him a cupcake a night, he would get out of the negative % on weight!! He sure looked liked he was having a good time. Just a thought ;-) Good thing I wasn't there or Weston would for sure have that second cupcake! (If you think you are a pushover. . . ) Have a fun week with Deni!
Happy birthday Davin!! So cute! It does go by so stinkin fast. Especially after the first one. I am glad he had a good birthday :)
yay happy birthday davin! He is so dang cute. I love that hungry caterpillar book. And he is so cute eating his cupcake.
Your friends had their baby! She is so little and cute!
I can't believe that he is ONE, that did go by so fast!
Wow...I can't believe he is 1 already! Crazy! What a cute little guy! I love the 1st birthday cake messes! So fun! It makes me feel better that Evan isn't the only kid low in the percentiles! haha! The nurse just tells me that he'll just get to be "baby" longer!
Can't believe he's already a a year! Isn't it amazing how fast time flies!
Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already...time sure flies. And those pics and videos are so cute!
Post a Comment