Denny got here on Tuesday (Davin's birthday), then Wednesday afternoon Grandma and Papa Squire made their way to our house. Weston was very excited for all these grandparents (and the gifts they brought). Both the boys were napping when the Squire's got to our house, so when Dav woke up he was a little overwhelmed. Luckily a new ball distracted him from his crabiness.
Despite the snow on the ground and freezing cold wind, we ventured to the dinosaur museum on Thursday. It was a really great trip. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Weston is more into playing in the erosion table now, so we spent a good 20 minutes there this time.
On Friday we went to David's Bridal in the morning to check out a couple wedding dresses for Aly (Ian's sister who is engaged), then we grabbed a quick bite of lunch and went up to the Planetarium. We met up with my friend, Liz, and her kids to watch "The Secret of the Cardboard Rocket" movie and explore a bit. I had some very tired boys on my hands by the time we were done, but they both sat still and watched the whole movie. Later yesterday afternoon we took Grandma Denny to the airport. So sad to see her go. But wait! She called about half an hour before her flight was scheduled to leave with wonderful news . . . she had volunteered to be bumped and would be staying with us one more night! She got a great flight voucher and Ian and I got to go on a date. I would say it worked out pretty well.
Ian and I browsed Borders, rented a movie, got take out Pei Wei and Chick Fil A shakes, then spent the evening chilling/eating/movie watching at Verite. Meanwhile Weston got spoiled by Grandma for one more night. Denny flew out early this morning. THANK YOU for all the fun/groceries/outings while you were here, Den!
So, while we continue to wait for the Spring weather to arrive, just know that Spring was here at our house this week.
7 comments:
Yeay, I'm finally the first person to comment on a post! Sounds like you had some awesome family time too. I'm sad mine is over. It's always nice to have everything back to normal but more sad that the fun is over. I love that picture of you and Dav by the way. He looks like such a big boy! I still can't believe he's one. Crazy crazy. My schedule is wide open this coming week so let me know what day is good for you to hang out. Call me!
I love how Weston wears a cape! Owen loves to wear one too.
Yum. Pei Wei's is so good. Glad you had fun.
What a fun time! It's always so nice to have family stop by for a visit. And, P.S., will you please relay to G&G Squires that they need to bring the Arizona spring up to Seattle with them? Thanks. :)
I love grandparents!!!
Wohoo!!! You sure know how to wear out grandparents and kids! When do you wear out?!?!
Sounds like a visit from Denny and that's always awesome to sneak a date in there too.
Were those pigtails in your hair at the dinosaur museum? It was hard to tell if it was that or just pulled half up, but your hair looked cute!
Sounds fun! My boys love the dinosaur museum. We spend a lot of time at that erosion table. We will have to go together sometime. Your boys are adorable. Washingtons are coming to stay with us this weekend and go to conference. It should be great fun! We need a game night soon...
What a very fun week!!! I love having family in town. Sorry they couldn't bring you more spring weather though.
Post a Comment