Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jam Packed

For a weekend with no big plans we sure were busy. We had planned to spend most of the weekend working on the yard. And by we, I mostly mean Ian. Saturday morning Ian went and rented an aerator. He had it for 2 hours and got all our front and back lawns aerated. Then he took it back and went and bought grass seed and a bale of hay. He seeded the lawns (I helped a little bit) and we spread hay over the backyard grass (to keep it moist) while the boys were napping. After that we were mostly done. It just needed watering, but since my handy hubby had fixed the sprinkler system it was not a problem.

Saturday afternoon we all went to the park to play. It was actually a little chilly, so we didn't stay too long, but the boys sure enjoyed getting out. Sunday I had a YW presidency meeting after church that ran pretty long because we were working on planning camp. We ended up last minute inviting friends over to play games that night. It was really fun. We taught them Mormon Bridge. It's a great game.

Monday Ian wanted to weed whack some of the forest of weeds in the driveway, but it was maybe supposed to rain. The day ended up being sunny and mostly clear. We decided to all go to Farm Country at TP. Daddy had never been with us, so that was really fun. We let Davin go on his first pony ride. He looked mildly happy the whole time, but didn't cry when it was over or anything like that. Weston was a pony riding champ, as usual. My picture is a little blurry, but if you make it big you can see the expression Davin had the entire ride.
Weston wasn't as into feeding the animals this time, but the boys did have fun playing in the jail.
There were two brand new day old foals at the farm yesterday too. They were so cute and gangly. It was fun to see them. We all went on a wagon ride too. It was much less bumpy and windy than last time, so I had a good time.
After the farm we went out to lunch. I really do love hanging out with my family. It's extra fun now that Davin is getting so big and can play too. It was great having Ian with us for our outing. That afternoon Ian worked on the yard some more while I obsessively read Angels and Demons. It is so hard to put down. The boys took naps. When they woke up Ian suggested we go to the pool, so we got all our stuff together and went. It was the opening weekend of the outdoor pools at the fitness center, so I expected it to be insanely packed, but it wasn't too terrible. Davin was happy in his new floatie and Weston just wore arm floaties and showed off his swimming skills to Daddy. I got to wear my new bathing suit, which I LOVE.

We ate dinner a little late, so as soon as I finished dishes I had to dash off to help the YW take down flags (we do flags in peoples' yards as a fundraiser for camp). Davin was exhausted, so I asked Ian to help Weston get toys cleaned up and put Davin to bed. Well, when I got back about half an hour later, the house was spotless, there was a fresh cut rose in a bud vase on the table, Davin was asleep, Weston was in jammies, and there was a babysitter here. Ian and I went and saw Angels and Demons. It was so incredibly great. Earlier in the day I had said that I wanted to go see a movie or something, you know, go on a date. Ian totally made it happen. What a wonderful end to the weekend!

13 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

What an awesome husband to do all that for you! What a nice surprise.

Unknown said...

My favorite part of the post was the last paragraph! I love that kind of stuff! Way to go, Ian, for treating your wonderful wife like the queen she is!!!!

joyous said...

Awwww!!!! What an amazing weekend. I'm, of course, exhausted just reading it, but what fun!! I especially love that you guys got a date night out of it, how great is that!!! Love ya!

Lana said...

Awww, good job hubby of Shannon! And congrats finding a bathing suit you like- it's so stinkin hard to find cute ones that are modest and not ridiculously expensive.

jilljohnson said...

Sounds like a fun packed time. Wow what a nice supprise to come home to.

jenn (+ will) said...

hey shannon! that's cool that our husbands have the same degree. will wants to go into web design now. actually he wants to do everything! so we'll see!

Hilary said...

The best husband award is usually reserved for GReg, but I don't know, Ian may have just snatched it out from under him!! That's awesome, and so sweet!

Mom said...

So you liked Angels and Demons? I liked that book so much better than DaVinci Code. I don't have time to read the book. . . or see the movie right now, but in THIRTEEN MORE SCHOOL DAYS I will :-) I love the look on Davin's face. Just trying to take it all in. I'm glad he finally got a turn for a pony ride. We'll have to go when I come this summer!! I just got back from SCCC awards night. It was hectic, but fun. I'll have to call you and tell you about tomorrow. Love ya!

Jim and Den said...

What a great day. Way to go Ian ! You are turning into a regular handy man....

Glen & Kat said...

Major brownie points for Ian! Sounds like a fun weekend.

Liz Smith said...

husbands are the best! i owe my hubby big time for all the painting he's doing. i dont know what i would do without him. glad you have an awesome husband and that you had a fun weekend with all the cute boys in your life. :D i love holiday weekends!!

Plewe Fam said...

It's always such a nice change to have daddy along, especially for us. Davin looks so different - he is really growing up! I want to hear more about this bathing suit...where did you get it? I am always in search of the right suit. You guys are so cute and I admire you for getting out and doing so much stuff with your kids.

The Curnow Family said...

What a fun weekend! I bet that was fun to be with each other as a family! And what a fun surprise date!!