Friday, May 29, 2009

Randomness

I have felt very off this week because of the Monday holiday. Today being Friday really snuck up on me. We have kept pretty busy. We had some friends come play with us on Tuesday all afternoon. Dawnie was a dear and stayed with my kids while I went to pick up other friends from the airport. Ian worked super late that night, so I had some down time.

Wednesday we just cleaned and baked and went to the library. I juiced and zested lemons for the first time and then made this delicious recipe for Lemon Poppyseed bread. I added mixed berry yogurt instead of plain and cut down to about 1 T of lemon zest and it was delish. Davin seriously devoured it. Weston was so funny and told me he didn't want any while it was baking because he doesn't like lemons. When it was done and I was eating a slice and feeding it to Davin, Weston said, "I was just kidding Mom. I do want some of that bread." What a silly kid.
Yesterday we drove down to the dinosaur museum with Tara and her kids. We had a great time. It was nice that we all piled into Tara's van for the drive too because we moms got some chat time. Weston and Makenzie really do play so well together.
Today I am going to take the kids to Jumpin Jacks since I have a coupon for it to be free. In the meantime we have been watering the grass, practicing baseball, watching movies, reading books, and blowing bubbles. I am trying to take full advantage of the gorgeous 80 degree weather we have been having.

Davin is still not walking and I am SO ready for him to be, so I need to start practicing more with him. He says mama, dada, wow, and rawr (when he's playing with dinosaurs). This video is from a couple weeks ago, but it's so cute and you can hear Davin saying his "wow."

7 comments:

heather said...

that lemon poppy seed bread looks and sounds delicious! i'm just teaching myself to cook, but zesting a lemon is still above my abilities.

ps. how old is davin? wendy is 13 months and still not walking. she JUST started crawling last month. i'm not too worried though. she's been scooting around on her bum for a long time and i can wait for her to walk around & get into everything.

Glen & Kat said...

Your kids are so cute! I love Davin's little wave at the end too.

Hilary said...

That looks SO good!

jilljohnson said...

What a fun week. I wish we lived closer to all the fun stuff but at he same time I love the Valley.

Jessica said...

Your bread looks yum! You're kids are getting so big and cute! I love it when you post video.

joyous said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! We were all very impressed with Davin's "wow" and with his funny noises. We really can't wait to play together....only a few more weeks. :) Sounds like you guys had a fun week too!

Anonymous said...

WOW! haha very cute. I liked that you and the boys were all wearing green & that Weston was wearing the shirt I gave him *big grin* I feel successful as an Aunt when one of my nephews or nieces wears something I bought them. Yay. I'm excited for Davin to be walking. It'll be fun to have him run-around at the wedding. :)