Friday, July 10, 2009

Getting There

We are back! The series of trips has come to an end and we are home for the next little while. It feels nice to sleep in our own beds and get settled back into our summer routine: morning errands, Davin nap, lunch, play in the pool, afternoon movie (during which Weston usually falls asleep), dinner. We shake things up occasionally, but that's the general summer plan.

Anyway, I am going to have to do a couple different posts from our Oregon trip. I'll start with getting there and Aly and Ryan's wedding.

We flew to OR last Thursday evening. It's quite the processional to get us to the airport since we don't have enough room in our car for an extra person. We have to have 2 volunteer/coerced friends follow us to the airport in their car and then have one of them drive our car back home after we unload at the airport. The flight went well. It was delayed about 20 minutes, but not too terrible. We made some airport friends and that helped keep the boys happy. They are such little hams. Davin is such a wiggle worm and I was worried about keeping him happy on the flight, but once we turned on Toy Story 2 on the laptop he was good to go.

This was before we could turn on the laptop. Davin also was interested in raising and lowering the shade.
Snuggled up watching the movie.
Best 3 year old traveler of all time. Seriously. This kid is such an easy traveler. He asked me about the airport rules several times before we left and he stayed in his seat with his seat belt on. He even fell asleep in the middle of the movie.
We didn't get to Jim and Denny's house until about 8ish pm and then we ate some Subway and visited with the family that was already there. By the time we got the kids to bed it was 9:30 (10:30 Utah time). The little dears woke up at 5:30am, so it was a looong day for them. Ian and I left for the temple early for the sealing. Luckily Aunt Teri and Uncle Mike watched the kids, got them all dressed and ready to go, and drove them to the temple to meet us when we got out. Here we are just before heading out to the temple. Ian wasn't wearing his tux yet.
Weston fell asleep in the car on the way to the temple, so he wasn't very smiley. He was excited to see Papa though.
The officially married Mr. and Mrs. Wecker! They were just so cute and happy. It was really a special experience to be in the temple with them and all of Ian's family.
After the happy couple came out of the temple and we all grabbed our flowers and snapped a couple pics, the whole crew went down to the reflection pool for more photos. It was a really hot day, especially for Oregon. Here's Weston walking on the temple grounds with Grandma Denny. This is probably the happiest picture we have of him. He refused to smile for most of the professional pictures. Although to be fair, it was hot and we were trying to smile in the really bright sunshine. The boys looked pretty adorable in their little yellow ties that Grandma made for them.
Aly and Ryan with all of their nieces and nephews. Aly is holding the boys' newest cousin, baby Ivy. She was the most cooperative one in this photo. I love Davin's weird face here.
Aly had the cutest shoes ever! They were white converse with blue trim and embroidered in blue on the side they said Mrs. Wecker. Super cute. Eli is helping her re-tie them during a photo break.
After taking all the pics we caravanned to the restaurant where the luncheon was and all got a much needed break from the sun and a good meal. Between the luncheon and the reception we had a couple hours. Unfortunately Davin slept the whole way home and didn't want a nap when we got there, so he was less than pleasant (to put it nicely) at the reception.

I don't have any pics from the reception yet because I didn't even bring my camera, but when I gather some from the family members who had their cameras I will post them. The reception turned out beautiful. They had various sizes of white lanterns hung for light, pretty glass bowls with flowers floating in them for centerpieces, and a really fun photo corner for the guests. They served salads, fruit, chocolate dipped strawberries, and double mint brownies. I would for sure say it was a success! Davin was very ready to go to bed, so I took the boys home a little early and put them to bed. It was a long, busy day, but I was so glad that we were able to be there for Aly and Ryan's wedding.

Up Next: 4th of July and another fishing trip!

8 comments:

Shewi128 said...

I love weddings! How fun.. I think you and I must've been down in Portland at the same time. Random!

joyous said...

Fun, fun!!! I love your new dress too, very cute and totally fits with her colors. Glad you had some cute pics. I love that Weston went over the airplane rules before the trip, what a smartie-pants.

Mom said...

I also love your cute dress for the temple. I know you showed it to me, or maybe you showed me the dress for NY? It looked darling on!! What a cutie pie. The boys did look cute in their yellow ties. Aly looked adorable!!! I don't think I saw a picture of Ian in his tux. I hope you got a family picture of you all that day, even without smiles ;-(

Jared and Delia said...

Oh...I LOVE weddings. HOw fun!

I wish I thought to wear sneakers to my wedding. What a good idea.

Kate said...

I love that picture of Weston and his grandpa! It looks like a good trip- although trips with little ones can make for interesting times :)

Emilee said...

We'll have to combine everyone's digital pictures. We didn't get very many pictures of the wedding because we were a bit distracted taking care of Ivy.

Unknown said...

I love your dress too! You look great!

I'm glad you got to go. I think I remember you posting a couple of months ago about being able to find cheap tickets so you could be there and I was so happy for you. The wedding sounds lovely, the boys look like angels on that plane, and the family time must have been great! You guys deserved this vaca!

Liz Smith said...

the bride's shoes are awesome, i wish i had thought of it! :) i love weddings. im glad you had fun and i love your dress too!