Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Very Happy Birthday

Yesterday was a special day. My hubby turned 28! We kicked off the celebration Friday night with a super birthday date. We ate dinner at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. We had been meaning to try it for awhile. It was yummy. Not as good as In N Out, but still yummy. We had some time to kill before our showing of Harry Potter started, so we went across the street to the mall. We ended up stopping into Anchor Blue and getting a couple things on really good sale. By the time we were finished shopping it was time to head to the theater.

We got some ice cream then went in and sat down. We had perfect seats in a giant theater. It was sold out. So fun. We loved the movie. It was really well done and exciting. We are now needed to re-read some HP.

Saturday morning after I baked Ian's birthday cake, we decided to go to the pool. It was a hot day, so we figured it would be a madhouse, but it really wasn't bad at all. We got there right when it opened, so for the first 20 minutes or so there were very few people. This was great because Weston was brave with no other kids there and tried out the orange tunnel water slide. He loved it and probably went on it about 100 times. I am so glad that this is the summer that he is loving the pool. We all had a really fun time. When we got home it was nap time. Everyone was tired.
After dinner we had some friends come over. We played some Wii, ate chips and salsa, sang to Ian, had cake and ice cream, and played games. It was a really fun night.

It's amazing how quickly the years pass these days. It seems like it was just barely Christmas, but here we are mid-July. I hope Ian knows how much I love him. I so appreciate all that he does and all that he is to me and the kids. I got lucky. Happy Birthday Ian!

9 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Happy Birthday Ian!

We felt like we needed to refresh our Harry Potter knowledge after the movie too.

Glad you guys had such a fun day. You are a fun wife to throw a party for him.

Jessica said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Happy birthday Ian!

The Curnow Family said...

Happpy Birthday Ian!! That's so fun that you have a public pool! I wish we had one.. we have no where to swim! Can't wait to see you in a few days!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a fun day. And how awesome you guys got to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple! I really want to go see that one and Draper when I make it back to UT sometime.

joyous said...

What a fun birthday!!! I love the boy's hats at the pool, they are cute. And Weston really is getting brave, he's a big boy. Loved your cake too, Shannon, it turned out cute. Can't wait to see you this week!

Mom said...

Happy Birthday Ian!! I'm so sorry I forgot to call and sing!! I'm bring Ian's present when I come ;-) We too went to see Harry Potter on Friday. We went a little early and the theater was only half full. We loved it and Dad and read ALL 7 books before we went so he was up on his Harry stuff. See you in four more days!!

Glen & Kat said...

Happy Birthday Ian! Looks like you had a fun day.

Liz Smith said...

we just got a 5 Guys out here and it's really good. however, i COMPLETELY agree with you that it's just not as good as In 'n Out. i thought i heard that utah is getting one which i am totally jealous about. :P happy belated birthday to your hubby. :D

Tasha said...

Happy be-lated birthday Ian! Glad you had such a good day. Love that you guys got out and had some fun. I really want to see the new HP movie. So many people have said such good things about it!