So, back to our trip. We were really bad about taking pictures on this one, so not much documentation. We flew out Thursday evening. After grabbing a quick dinner we headed to downtown Portland to visit with Adam, one of Ian's good friends from HS who wasn't going to the reunion. We had a nice time catching up with him. He took us to a little coffeehouse called the Pied Cow for some dessert. It was delicious. The weather was perfect too. Nice and cool. It felt great after the 96 degree weather we had left. We ended up getting home pretty late.
We sort of slept in the next morning and took things really slow. My FIL had recorded the finale of SYTYCD for me, so I watched that. I was happy with the winner. Good stuff. I'm glad that it's not really over since the next season is this Fall instead of next summer. Once we finally got going we went with Denny to the furniture store to see the new stuff they had ordered. It's always fun to browse furniture. After that we went and all got pedicures. It was nice. I haven't gotten one since the last time Denny was here at my house. I got purple toes to match my dress I wore to the reunion that night.
Ian and I ate Subway then headed off to see a movie. We saw 500 Days of Summer. We really enjoyed it. It's always nice to do something fun like that when we don't have the kids and don't have to get a babysitter. By the time our little date was over it was time to go home and get ready for the big reunion!
The reunion was held at the Persimmon Country Club. It was a pretty standard Conference/Event room though. We got there and started visiting. That's really all we did. After the dinner, the committee did a little general questioning to see what everyone was up to. You know, who was married, for how long, how many kids they had, who worked in what fields, etc. There was supposed to be dancing, so the music was really loud after dinner. Only about 5 people were dancing though, so it was mostly just really annoying. The loud music was our main complaint though. Ian had fun catching up with people and I knew a couple people, so I wasn't completely bored. Here's Ian with his friend, Becky. I spent a good part of the evening visiting with her too.


***Addendum: I grabbed a few more reunion photos from Facebook.We didn't stay too late. Ian finished visiting with everyone he wanted to talk to and then we left around 11pm. I would say we had a good time, but not an $80 a person good time. Oh well. The next morning all of Ian's siblings and their spouses came over for breakfast. It was really fun to get to spend some time with them without the kids running around. We ate and talked and played bananagrams. We also got to hold baby Ivy.
12 comments:
Yay!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and that you get to be home for awhile. It's great that the boys were good. Sounds like you were able to pack a lot into your couple days. :)
I never think reunions are an $80 a person good time! :-) I'm glad you're back. You've had a busy summer!
Despite the outrageous price of those dang reunions, I'm glad you guys got to go, that's really cool. And I'm sure it was nice to get a couple of days alone!
I had my 10 yr reunion...well a few years back and it was sooooo not worth the $80 either. It looks like you had a good excuse for a getaway anyway though!
80 bucks! Holy cow! Shoot, I might throw my own little reunion party and charge forty :). I'm with you on the SYTYCD winner and the new fall season. It's my favorite t.v. show and I always get sad when it ends, so it's cool that it's starting up again in a couple of weeks.
That is really fun that you went to do that. Jared ditched out on his 10 year but I really want to go to mine.
seriously, 80 bucks?! and here i was complaining about jared's 50 or 60 bucks per person one. oh well, at least he got to see some old friends. it'll be nice to take a break from traveling. hopefully it's not too long before you can take a breather and relax. good luck with your busy week!
Sounds like a fun trip, made especially nice that it was just you and Ian.
That's great that you could go to the reunion. I missed mine--Rick was out of town and I wasn't going to fly all the way to Vegas just to show up by myself! It was a bummer. But on the bright side, I saved $80! :)
I love the fun pics of your family at the reception. Your boys are so stinkin cute!
It was good to see you guys in a little more relaxed setting. (I'm glad he took a picture of bananagrams during a round when I look like I know what I'm doing.)
That's so fun! I'm glad that you guys made the time to go! And I can't believe you ran into my in-laws! What a fun trip and with no kids!!
Isn't it strange to think that our 10 year reunions are coming up fast? I'm glad you guys had a good time. I've been wondering whether or not I really want to go to mine, and it's not even for a couple more years. I'm glad Portland wasn't too hot!
Post a Comment