Ok, so nothing really exciting has been happening. Just our normal errands, playing, cleaning, eating, kind of stuff. Oh, and obsessively checking the puppy listings on
ksl.com. :) We decided to look for a dog that is needing a new home and not be so rigid about breed. I still think the toy Aussies are really really cute, but I also hear that they shed. They have longer fur. I think that would drive me nuts since I'm somewhat of a clean freak.
Anyway, I posted an wanted ad for a puppy on
ksl. I got a few responses, but not any that we were really interested in. Then yesterday I saw this really cute puppy, but I assumed it would grow to be too big. I emailed the owners and it turns out that she is already a year old, so she should be full grown!



Isn't it the cutest little dog? She is a springer spaniel mixed with something. They actually don't know what else she is. I don't think she looks much like a springer spaniel either, so who knows. I think she is seriously adorable though. The current owners have only had her for 3 months and are moving this weekend and can't have her in their new place. I am excited to give her a good home. I'm not sure when we will actually be able to meet up with the owners to get her since they are moving this weekend. I hope soon. The only bummer about this puppy is that she is not completely house trained yet. So I will still have to work with her on that. Weston is excited and wants to name her Sam. I will post pics as soon as we have her.
13 comments:
oh my gosh, she is so cute!!!!!! i hope that the house training goes well. What i plan to do when i get a dog is to use the crate training method. Since they refuse to go where they sleep, if you keep them in there at night and when you're not home, you dont have to worry about them going all over your house. Just make sure that the crate is as big as they are. if it's too big, they will simply go potty in a corner and then sleep in the other corner. During the day, you just have to take them out every half hour or so and tell them to go potty or say some kind of word that they will learn means to go to the bathroom. and of course, anytime they have an accident, they have to know how not happy you are about it. also, if they start walking in circles in your house sniffing, it's a pretty good sign that they are about to take a squat. sooo...that's all i know. my sis in law recently got a bulldog, prolly the most stubborn kind of dog to train, and that's how they did it and he was fully housetrained in about a couple of months. That's also what all the pet stores have told us whenever we have gone to look.
good luck! can't wait to see pictures when you get her! :D
So cute!!! I want a puppy now!
She really is cute, I hope that it all works out this week. :) It was fun chatting today too. Love you lots!
You are such a cool mom!! My kids will only have fish or something more manageable for me; how selfish, I know!! But after I saw Marley and Me I changed my mind on the whole dog thing. Let us know how it works out!! She is adorable!
She is seriously a year old?? How cool, it's like everyone's dream that their dog could stay cute like a puppy forever. Not only the size, but she just looks puppy-ish, it's really amazing. She is adorable!
AWWW! She is SO adorable! She looks like a perfect little dog to have!
So cute! Totally looks like a puppy . . . you got a perma-puppy! How cool is that!?
Congratulations!
From one dog owner to another. . . now we can totally relate to each other. (Not that we couldn't relate with the adorable grandsons before. . .) I'm so excited to get to meet Sam in November. Be sure she's all house trained by then ;-) She will be just part of the family by then. Keep me posted!!
ohhhh my gosh shannon!! She is soo cute! I want you to bring her down so her and Chloe can play! Chloe will be soo excited to have a playmate! AWWWW I am soo excited to meet her!!
Okay, I've never had a dog, but that may be the cutest little puppy I've ever seen. I just want to cuddle with it! Is that so weird?
What a cute doggie :) I hope you can get him soon. I can't believe how big Davin is getting just since we saw you guys last he seems like he has grown a ton! What cuties!
Oh my goodness she is so cute!!! I can't wait to come see her!!! Get her soon!!
what a CUTE little puppy! The boys are gonna love her I'm sure! :)
Post a Comment