Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Weekend Update

Warning: This is going to be a long post with lots of pictures. Not for the faint-of-heart blog follower.

First off, sorry it's been over a week. I am majorly slacking. In my defense we have been a little busy. This last weekend we had Ian's parents in town. It was a whirlwind visit, but we had a blast. We kicked off the weekend with the BYU v. Utah State football game. Davin stayed with my cousin, Karren, but Weston attended his first Cougar football game! He was so excited. . . for about the first 2/3 of the game. At half time he went with Daddy to go potty and get a cougar tail (a really long maple bar). Unfortunately they were sold out of cougar tails. Weston was so bummed/tired he almost cried. Poor kid. A little bit later I went and got him some candy instead, then he was a little happier. By the end he was just so tired he was begging to leave. I guess that's what we get for taking him to a game that doesn't start until 7pm. It was still a blast. I hadn't been to a game in years and we all got matching Cougar football shirts.
Weston with his non-cougar tail treat. I think this was the last smile we got out of him that night.
It was a late night, but we were all up at 7:15am Saturday morning. There is no sleeping in with 2 little ones and a puppy. We have Ian's parents for Christmas this year, so we had scheduled an appointment to have pictures taken of them with the boys. It was probably my worst experience at the Target Portrait Studio, but we did end up getting a couple good shots. By the time we got home and ate lunch it was time for the adults to get dressed up and head to the afternoon session of General Conference. Ian's parents had gotten us all tickets. We had a really nice time attending conference. I had a hard time staying awake the first half, but then perked up a little after the rest hymn.
On our way home we picked up pizza. The boys went to the Priesthood session of Conference while Grandma gave the boys a bubble bath and I had some much needed quiet time. Becca came over with Claire a little later to hang out and the boys brought us treats from Sonic after their session. That night we watched some Better Off Ted and played Bananagrams. We were all exhausted, so we hit the sack at a decent hour.

We took Sunday at a little slower pace. We did a big breakfast in the morning and Becca and Alann joined us. It was nice and the kids were pretty good watching Toy Story in the other room for most of the session. It was great to have some time to just hang out and play with Grandma and Papa in between sessions.

Weston really wanted to build a fort.
Little hams.
Being scary.
Davin was in awe of Grandpa's watch that lights up when you push the button. He said wow a lot.
Weston watched part of the afternoon session with us.
In case you were worried, Sammie was well loved all weekend. She got lots of good lap naps. She wasn't on her best behavior and I have had to be a little more strict now that we don't have visitors with us, but she is a good puppy and has already learned "sit".
We are so glad that Grandma and Papa came to see us! It was such a fun trip. We wish we got to see you more often, but we'll certainly take what we can get. Thanks for spoiling us too. :) It was a wonderful weekend.

10 comments:

Hilary said...

I love all the pictures! Your boys (and your puppy) are so cute!

The Curnow Family said...

What a fun week! I didn't know they came down! How fun! Brad keeps telling me he wants to go to a football game and to do a session in the salt lake temple. Maybe one of these years! ha I love that Weston is winking in the last picture!

Anonymous said...

I love how weston is winking in the last photo. ha. glad you guys had a good weekend!

joyous said...

What a great weekend. No wonder you were tired this week! I'm feeling better knowing that Weston was asking to go home from the football game. (The girls kept asking to go home from D-land.) But it still looks like fun.

Grandparents are the best. I didn't realize you guys got to go to a session, that's awesome! But does make it busy. Can't wait to see the pics of the boys with the grandparents, that is really fun.

You did a great job with pictures too. I forget to take pictures when I'm with grandparents b/c I"m usually taking the pictures to show them!

Glen & Kat said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. And I love all the pictures--they make me feel a little more connected.

Tasha said...

Yea for a good Conference weekend! I am so glad it was fun and good. I love that you got to go the BYU game! SO SO SOOO fun!! I hope one of these years we get to make it up there to do it too.

Mom said...

Sunday when we were Skyping, not getting that Cougar tail was all Weston could talk about from the game!! That was a very big deal for him ;-) Life's little disappointments!! Looks like you were having a fun time, though. The game looked fun and cold. . brrrrrr! Can't wait for our turn to visit next. Cute kids!!

Liz Smith said...

aww...how i miss temple square, such a gorgeous place. that and going to cougar football games. what a fun weekend! and p.s. your inlaws look so young! i mean that as a total compliment to them. :D

Kate said...

If that was too many pictures than my blog must be super overwhelming!
I miss BYU games. I don't miss the cold however :)
Dana and I also keep saying we want to get up there for Conference sometime soon.

Lana said...

Wow, we seriously had almost the exact same weekend. My family was in town so we:
1. Went to the BYU game
2. Did family portraits (at Sears)
3. Had a big family breakfast on Sunday morning
4. Went to a session of General Conference (Sun. afternoon, where I had a hard time staying awake too).

I wonder how many Mormon families did exactly the same thing as us? :)