Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy Weekend!

While baking brownies this afternoon . . . "Mom, you're really good at making treats. (pause) I like you. I also love you." --Weston
Me, happy to be out on a date with my favorite guy.

There's no denying treats are the way to our hearts. :) Last night Ian and I went out for a real date night! We tried a new (to us) restaurant downtown called Settebello. It was yum. I did prefer Ian's choice of pizza to mine, but both were good. Adjacent to the restaurant is a little gelato shop. I couldn't pass that up, so we got some after dinner. I had to try a bunch of flavors before deciding. I ended up going with Crema Baci. Next time I want the Ricotta. Mmmm . . . gelato.
After our dinner we went a few blocks south to Kilby Court to see the Headlights play again. They were fabulous, as usual. The crowd was smaller this time though, so we were front and center. They played a lot of my favorite songs too. It was good times.
Today was Fall Cleanup Day! I'm making that sound much more fun than it really is, but we have been having really beautiful, sunny weather this last week, so we figured it was a good day to clear away the mounds of leaves that have fallen. We filled up 8 giant trash bags with leaves, mulched the ones on the grass with the lawnmower, and Ian trimmed the overhanging tree branches that he could reach from the roof and blew out the gutters. Yeah, we're both pretty sore now. Massages are on the agenda for tonight.

During Davin's nap time I ran a bunch of errands with Weston. He was actually better than normal and I got grocery shopping for the week done! When we got home Davin was up, so we all headed over to the park to play. Have I mentioned we have had amazing weather this last week? Seriously 74 degrees on Thursday. Today was a little cooler, but still around 60 and sunny. Good enough for me.
I just recently started giving Davin real time-outs in the corner. He is so funny about them. Whenever he's in trouble, even if I don't say "go on time-out," he will run to the corner in the kitchen. Sometimes he cries and sometimes he totally doesn't care and laughs, but he sort of gets it and it's super cute.

10 comments:

lisa said...

I love it when kids say things like that (I like you. I also love you.) Seriously adorable. And congrats on the date night--I love settebello pizza!

The Curnow Family said...

Oh my goodness! Funny Funny time out!! haha what a good boy though! And I always love my cute naked boys!! ha Davin is such the little copy cat.

Tara said...

Wow that pizza looks REALLY good. We'll have to try it. Why are you guys so cool with your authentic looking pizza, gelato, and going out to see bands? Man!
That time out video is a trip, Davin totally loves time out! haha that's awesome.

Katie said...

It's so fun to go on a "real" date! Sounds like you guys had fun. The time-out video is so hillarious! My little guy would probably do the same thing..so funny!

Kate said...

I just love that quote you have a the top. What a aweet little guy. It just makes my day when my kids say things like that to me.
Also, I can't believe Davin stays so well for time out! Pretty amazing for his age :) Cute pics :)

Unknown said...

I love the naked video! they are going to groan every time you try to pull it out for their dates!

oh, and forgive my culinary ignorance, but what is gelato?

Anonymous said...

Good for you guys for making time for real dates. There's something about being out as a couple, without kids, that is rejuvenating (and relaxing...you don't have to cut up anybody's food)!

I wish I could see the videos but I get "this video is currently not available" message. I'm having this issue with all blogs I view...ever happen to you?

Jared and Delia said...

Isn't the weather divine right now? I have never had gelato. Sounds good though! Yay for getting out for a real date.

Davin is really good at staying in time out. Wow.

Glen & Kat said...

hurray for date night! I love Weston's honesty :) And I wish Kaden was as good at staying in time out as Davin...what a good kid.

Liz Smith said...

thanks shannon! but yeah, i totally know what you mean about the melting pot. I mean it's good, but soooooooo expensive. We've done it twice now and both times we left saying that it was good, but certainly not worth it so i think we're done with that place. we gave it a couple of chances and it was fun, definitely something different to change things up i suppose. i dunno, some people absolutely love that place, but me, maybe im just ultra picky, but i could think of much yummier places that i dont mind giving my money to. :)