Friday, February 5, 2010

Growing Up

I can't believe that I am a grown up sometimes. Being a grown-up means budgeting, grocery shopping, clipping coupons, buying cars and making car payments. It means being responsible for what you eat. It means lots of cleaning. It means making sacrifices for the ones you love. It means worrying. It means getting to watch and eat whatever you want at night, but really only wanting to get more sleep. Being a grown up means having a husband, kids, a minivan, and a mortgage. Sounds kind of lame and boring, right? Well, sometimes it feels that way too, but most of the time I look back and I am so grateful for how far I've come and for the people who got me here.

Now it's karma time. And my little ones are growing up. Today we went to Weston's 4 year old check-up. I am just so in love with this kid. He is the best. I'm sure you think your kid is the best too, but you're wrong. I loved watching Weston fearlessly do everything the nurse asked. I watched him make jokes, read a book, breathe hilariously deeply while the doc listened to his back. I constantly get comments from teachers, parents, and strangers about how well-behaved my kids are. I take some of the credit for that, but really they are just good kids. So today being a grown-up also means being extremely proud.

Weston's 4 Year Old Stats:
Height: 38 in. (15th %ile)
Weight: 34 lbs. (25th %ile)

7 comments:

Glen & Kat said...

So I just got caught up on all your blog entries from the past couple of weeks. You're kids are adorable. I'm glad Weston's party turned out well. I love the cake! I'm halfway dreading the day when I have to start making fun shaped cakes instead of just round, square, or rectangular. Also, you've been so productive it's inspiring. Maybe you should come down here and help me get jump-started :)

Carly said...

Such a cute boy! I can't believe he's 4 years old either. He's just as lucky to have you as you are to have him!

Tasha said...

He is such a cutie! You are one good Mom!

Delia said...

That was so sweet...so true. You know what is funny? Owen is exactly a year older but only 2 pounds heavier. Sad huh?

joyous said...

You're such a lucky grown-up!!! Way to go on counting the blessings. That Weston is a pretty great kid. I can't wait to hang out with him a little bit next month. Four is a fun doctor's appointment for sure. They are so much more independent, just a little person!

Mom said...

I can't believe I missed this entry?? Weston is grown up (and so are you!)!! I can't wait for your visit so I can interact with that cute little four year old ;-)

Love ya!

The Curnow Family said...

Weston is getting so big! I can just imagine him sitting up there being so big and brave. You're an amazing mommy!!