Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

First thing in the morning on Sunday Weston came in and woke me up. He was getting dressed in his BYU shirt and hat from the day before and needed help finding his pants that matched. He's such a funny kid. The kiddos woke up to their I Love You balloons. Weston's was a frog and Davin's was a monkey. They loved them.
I got Valentine's Day flowers. They are so pretty and the lilies just keep blooming and smell so good. Ian actually brought them home for me on Friday night so I could enjoy them all weekend. How thoughtful. :)
Valentine's Day was also our ward conference. I went to choir practice in the morning, then Weston gave his first talk in primary. He did a great job. He spoke loudly and clearly. He looked at the audience and everyone was charmed. He's such a ham. :)

The choir sang in church and since I had grandparents to sit with my kids I sat on the stand the whole meeting. It was so nice. And I think the choir sounded pretty good. That night we had a nice Valentine's dinner. I made spaghetti with browned butter and mizithra with green salad and Martinelli's. We ate on my china and drank out of my crystal. It was fun to use my nice dishes. The kids were relegated to their little table. It's a good thing they don't normally eat there though because Davin wouldn't stay in his seat and eat.
After dinner and dishes it was Valentine time. We exchanged cards, some homemade and some not, and gifts. The kids got spoiled. I got them little goody bags with wind up toys, Buzz Lightyear suckers, and chocolate hearts in them. They also each got a new shirt from me. Weston is a big fan of his new "Vader Lives" shirt. Grandma and Papa got Davin some new dinosaurs and Weston a Darth Vader action figure. Great Grandma got Davin a mini Chuck the Talkin' Truck and Weston got a transformer Darth Vader. It can be a fighter ship or Vader. Lucky kiddos.

After presents we had a little Valentine's dance. This was something we always did growing up. We each got a turn to dance with my dad. I wanted to carry on the tradition. It was fun. Ian's parents are good dancers so they showed us all up, but the kids got in on the action too.
We ended the evening with the kids putting on a "glow show" with glow sticks. We had fun making patterns with our sticks and the kids danced around in the dark to their favorite songs (1901 by Phoenix and Modern Love by Bloc Party).
The adults stayed up late again watching the Olympics. This time we got to watch the pairs figure skating. So fun. I love the Olympics!!! It was a very happy Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

Liz Smith said...

those flowers are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Some day i hope to be able to have fresh flowers in my house at all times. i love how bright they immediately make a room feel and they smell so good! i love that you spoiled your kids....valentines day is so much fun. :) and i absolutely love the olympics too! figure skating is one of my favs...jared thinks it's boring. :P i was so excited for the chinese couple that won the gold last night! they were so cute and they definitely deserved it. yay for the olympics. :)

Tasha said...

That sounded like one perfect and fabulous Valentine's Day!!! I loved it all!

Delia said...

What a fun packed weekend! That dance party sounds like so much fun! I like how the boys had their own table cloth too with hearts on it. You are such a fun cute mom! The I love you balloons are such a great idea too!

joyous said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time! Such fun pictures. I had a blast chatting with you this afternoon. Hope you have a great week. :)

Kate said...

FunTimes! I love the dance with the glow sticks! So cute!