After going to DI we decided to pop into a couple furniture stores to browse couches. I really want a new one, but we figured if we brought the kids then we were less likely to impulse buy one with our tax return. I know what I want. It's just a matter of spending the money on it. We came home for lunch and naps. I made my improvised dinner (from the last post), then that night Ian and I put the kids to bed early and watched a movie. It was just a nice day.
Sunday was busy. Church was good. We had 24 kids in primary! It was amazing. The most kids we have had on any given Sunday since we have been in the ward was 16. And only two of them were visitors. Pretty fun. After church we had a casual gathering (of us and our bishop and his family) to watch the Superbowl. We had lots of food and enjoyed the game and commercials at our leisure since we just recorded it. It was a good game.
Yesterday I grocery shopped for the first time in almost a month. It felt so good! Here's my 2 week menu. My cousin always posts hers and I like to steal her ideas, so here you go.
Monday- Shoyu chicken stir fry with rice
Tuesday- Basil Tilapia with cheesy veggies and rolls
Wednesday- Tuna Burgers with corn and peaches
Thursday- Russian chicken with rice and green beans
Friday- Pizza or leftovers (in-laws arrive)
Saturday- Eating out/at the BYU Basketball game
Sunday- Spaghetti with browned butter and mizithra with green salad.
Monday- Taco Soup
Tuesday- Taco Soup
Wednesday- Waffles and sausage
Thursday- Honey Lime Enchiladas
Friday- Honey Lime Enchiladas
Saturday- Grilled pork chops with mashed sweet potatoes and salad.
Sunday- Ravioli with salad and garlic toast
Last night we had another fun FHE about missionary work. Then we all wrote letters and drew pictures for a missionary from our ward serving in Brazil. I am loving our Monday nights! The only drawback was that Weston was in charge of treat and he helped me make brownies (his favorite), but then he wouldn't eat his stir fry, so he didn't even get to eat any.
Today we had a fun outing. We went to Target to let Weston spend his birthday gift card. Let me tell you he was excited. I told him all the things he could buy . . . clothes, books, movies, paint with water books, toys, games. He told me before we left that he wanted to buy Davin something too. He was seriously the nicest brother today. He has been great at sharing and he did buy Davin a fun ball at Target. Anyway, it was fun watching him try to decide what to buy. He ended up getting a new Star Wars book about the Clone Wars and a Transformer. He is a happy camper. Thanks GG Bowles!
This afternoon we have been working on Valentines. We made some homemade ones for family, then put together the Star Wars ones for Weston's class. Weston loved decorating Valentine's for his dad and grandma. We'll see if I can convince him to do a few more for his brother, papa, and great grandma. I am excited about having a nice Valentine's Day dinner on my china. I love any excuse to use my nice dishes.
What is your favorite thing about Valentine's Day?
11 comments:
Thanks for the 2 week menu. I really want your recipe for Spaghetti \with browned butter and mizithra. That is my favorite at Sp. Factory. Mmm. It is making me hungry. Love the toy Weston choose too and super love the Valentines. I love all the homemade things and love that seems to go on at Valentine's Day. It makes me happy that we spend a few weeks during every year to think about the people we love. We should really do it more often.
i totally know what you mean about knowing what you want but having to find a way to spend the money on it. I've been wanting to get a nice comfy sectional couch foooorever but they are so dang expensive. I think we will just stick with what we have until we buy a bigger more permanent house.
your menu looks yummy! you should post your sugar cookie and frosting recipe too! :D
Your menu sounds delicious! The grilled pork chops meal is my favorite one I think. Yum!
It sounds like we are doing similar stuff... we did valentines and cookies yesterday and today too!
Aw Shan, I miss you so much. You are such a functional and organized person and whenever I feel like I've had a functional and productive day I always think "I wonder if Shannon would approve" :) You inspire me to be a "really useful engine" as Mason would say. The boys are so cute and Davin looks less and less like a baby and more like his big brother. Also, your sugar cookies do rock (I think we made them together once didn't we?) and any cookies remind me of you since you somehow have the most amazing cookie making skills out of anyone I've ever met. Anyways, I miss and love you so much!
-Dawnie-
LOVED that he wanted to get Davin something! That's when you know you're doing something right!
And are you going to post your sugar cookie recipe? Or is it top secret?
I love all the valentine day crafts. Yesterday Claire and I made salt dough hearts, and tomorrow we'll paint and glitter them. We'll see how it goes...
Can I come to your house for dinner? No, really.
I have a hard time planning my menu day by day since things always come up and it changes. But you have some fun things on there that I might have to try!
We were supposed to do family Valentines this evening, but Rachel is sick and just needs to be held, so it didn't happen. Luckily, Lizzie's homework tomorrow is to make Valentines for her class. I love her teachers!
Happy Valentine's Weekend!!
I mailed of the boys Valentines today. . . wink, wink!! That is so sweet that Weston bought Davin a toy with his B-day money. What a good boy his is!!! It's nice to have all your ducks in a row (meal wise!).
Ah, that's so cute that Weston bought Davin a toy! What a thoughtful boy. You must be a proud mama!
I'm impressed with the two week menu planning. I'll have to try that once Eli has a regular schedule. Or maybe before then because who am I kidding myself thinking that Eli will ever have a regular schedule.
Okay wonder woman! How do you do that, please give me the secret. And do your boys eat all that too? I need that secret even more. Zach has turned into the pickiest eater. Karma!!!
Wow!! I'm so impressed...a 2 week menu??? I'm proud of myself when I get 5 days planned! I get lazy when I'm pregnant...usually I'm trying to think of something that sounds good an hour before dinner! :)
Post a Comment