Anyway, since Weston's birthday I have been wanting/needing to re-organize the toys in our house. Yesterday we started the day at IKEA to get a couple organizing items. We also discovered the cheapest lunch out ever. At the IKEA Bistro (not the upstairs restaurant) we got a combo of 2 hot dogs, chips, and a drink for $2 including tax. We all shared. When we got home we went to work. My goal was to consolidate all the toys into the boys' bedrooms. No toys in the den. No toys in the living room. My hope is that this will make cleaning up at the end of the day easier. Also it will mean that there aren't quite as many things to scatter in every single room. It also required us to get rid of some things, which we needed to do.
I ended up filling 2 trash bags with toys for DI. And another with baby toys we want to keep, but don't currently need out in the house. The boys rooms look great. Here are the areas we re-organized.
Weston's room . . . He got another new set of Mega Blocks for his birthday, so I bought that red mesh basket for his blocks. They fill it almost all the way full. He also got some new dress-ups, so we dedicated the bottom 2 bins of his toy bin shelves to dress up stuff. We took out the little activity table which frees up the room a bit.
Last night, while I was waiting for Ian to get home from bishopric meeting so we could watch the season premier of Lost, I entered a bunch of blog giveaways. It was kind of fun. If you're interested in entering one . . . my awesome cousin, Tasha, is doing a giveaway on her craft blog. Go check it out!
Finally I just had to share this picture of my goofy boys. I took this today while they were eating lunch. Weston just thinks he's so cool I guess. He told me about how the paint farted today at school. First of all, we don't use the word "fart" at home so I knew he had picked it up at school. Sigh. However, the way he told the story and laughed so hard was just too cute. He's growing up so fast. But for now I will still enjoy being his favorite.
13 comments:
super duper congrats on the grocery savings! That is awesome!
and the rooms look wonderful! Organizing has such a cleansing feeling, don't you think? Like you've got air to breathe and space to think...
Way to go, Shannon! The organizing looks great--gotta love Ikea! It's nice to purge things you don't need and organize what you have left.
Yea for cleaning! I need that bug. Too bad you cannot pass it over to me. I could use the push to even do the normal cleaning. Your boys rooms look great :)
It bit me, too, I've been organizing like crazy. It feels so good to haul out bags and bags of stuff to bring to DI. Like a breath of fresh air. The boys rooms look great, I really like all the ikea stuff in Weston's room.
Always feels good to organize ~ good job! And BTW - I recognize the quilt :) Your mom & I need to start up our quilt nights again!! She's my best student!
I got my 2010 IKEA catalog yesterday and I wish I could win a shopping spree there...love that store!
nothing like an influx of presents/toys to make you have to re-organize your house. gotta love ikea. i LOVE the feeling of being organized!
Wohoo!!! Go Shannon, you're on a roll!!! It really does help to keep most all the toys in the girls' room. When we pick up at the end of the day, I have them start in the dining room/kitchen (farthest from their room) and work their way back.
We must have been bitten by the same bug. You have been making more progress than me though! Good work!
Looks great! I always get the cleaning bug when I'm PMSing. I turn into some sort of 1950s housewife who needs to bake, clean, and label everything for a day. I wish you the best of luck in my giveaway!
it looks great! Good job, Shannon! i LOVE organizing. i also love how the organizing and cleaning bug just hits randomly and tend to do it all at once. you feel so good afterwards. i'm much happier whenever everything has a place and i know where everything is.
that's totally the same shelf and bins thing. we just have one big bin on each level. so that's probably why it looked different.
so great to see you! thanks for coming all the way down to play!
I love it. Life seems sooo much better when things are organized. When I start cleaning... clear the entire day... I go from one thing to another and end up cleaning everything. If only it lasted forever... :)
Post a Comment