On President's Day we started off with a swim at Grandma and Papa's hotel. The water wasn't too cold and the boys loved getting to splash around. They especially loved putting their toes in the "hot pool."



After our swim and some showers we went to lunch at In N Out. It wasn't even as horribly crowded as I imagined it would be at noon on a holiday. And, of course, it tasted
delish. Ian's parents wanted to get me a birthday gift while they were here, so after lunch the girls went to Target while the boys went to
Kohls.
For my birthday I wanted to re-do my bathroom. My old towels that we got for our wedding were getting pretty ratty. I mean, holes, unraveling edges, etc. It was time for some new towels, so I figured I would also get a new rug, toilet seat cover and toothbrush holder. I picked out some pretty deep red towels with "silver" accents. The hand towels and toilet seat cover are actually more of a gray, but it works. I kept the same shower curtain since it's still in good shape. I love my new bathroom and having big, fluffy towels is seriously the best.


When we got home from our outing we played some games and visited before Ian and the kiddos took the grandparents to the airport. We had such a fun whirlwind visit with them. I love it when they can come to visit and play. The day ended with a President's Day
FHE. We talked about Article of Faith #12 and how lucky we are to live in a country where we get to make a lot of choices for ourselves. We also talked a little bit about the Olympics then watched a couple of skiing and snowboarding races before putting the kids to bed. Whew! What a weekend!
9 comments:
Mmmm. Soft RED bathroom towels really are the best, I must agree :). I love the red/silver combo.
It looks like you had a great holiday weekend! Hooray!
love the new bathroom look. i love red and grey together, and we are on total opposites now cuz my bathroom is red and gray and has been since we got married so i will probably be switching soon. It's a great color scheme, but it's always fun to get something new. i really like your shower curtain!
and i have to say that every single time you mention going to in 'n out i get insanely jealous. :P
What a fun day off! Love your new towels and bathroom stuff. New towels really are the best. I think it is time we do the same thing!
Oooh...that is a nice birthday present. New towels make me smile every time I wash them, use them. They are such a simple pleasure!
THat picture of Davin is so adorable. That is SO nice that you got to go swimming. Makes me hungry for summer even more.
The new towels makes your shower curtains look new!! It's fun to re-vamp a room in your house. I'm glad you had such a nice visit. It was fun talking to you today. Dad just brought me home a basket of beautiful flowers and we are ready to head out to The Melting Pot. Have a great rest of the week.
I really love your shower curtain (nice and simple and elegant!). And the pic of Davin in his towel after the pool is just adorable :)
Thanks for entering my giveaway! Bathroom looks great! I can't wait until we move in May to re do ours.
The bathroom looks awesome, I love it! That is my kinda shower curtain.
really cute!!
Post a Comment