Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

Last night was pumpkin carving night! It had been a long day at the corn maze, but the kids were still hyper for pumpkins! Davin refused to touch the pumpkin guts at all. Weston helped pull a few seeds out, but said he already touched the inside of a pumpkin at preschool, so he didn't really need to do it again. :) Once it was cleaned out we sketched out a face. Weston called the shots with that. I think it turned out pretty good. He wanted a scary mouth. Ian had to do a little research and designing before he carved his pumpkin, but I was impressed with his Transformer symbol. So was Weston.
This morning the kids wanted pictures with our whole family of pumpkins. They are such goofs. We missed having the Severinsen's over to carve pumpkins with us, but I guess we managed on our own. We did have donuts off the cat too, but somehow I didn't get any pictures of it! We might have to stage it today with the leftover donuts. Anyway, we are all set for Halloween. Now I'm just hoping the rain will wait until we are done trick or treating tonight. Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

joyous said...

Cute, cute!!! I love your pumpkin. You are such a good mom to carve them every year. I was lazy this year. Actually, I carved three at Mimi's class party. Jim was a big fan of Ian's pumpkin...and a little jealous I think!! Anyway, hope you get lots of candy sometime this weekend!

Liz Smith said...

so is it a utah thing to go trick or treating on saturday? i have heard of other people going trick or treating tonight and i was super confused and then i realized they were all in utah. so is it a given that you trick or treat on sat whenever halloween is on sunday?

LOVE your pumpkins!!!! the transformer one is awesome. :)

J, J and B said...

So fun! I missed being able to do this this year. I can't wait until we have kids old enough to partake of Halloween traditions!!

sara said...

What great pumpkins!! And go you for getting them done even though I'm sure you were exhausted from the days acitvities.

Jessica said...

Love the pumpkins! I especially love how the boys were in their underwear while you were cleaning the pumpkins out! Very funny. Looks like you guys are having fun.

Lindsey said...

Carving pumpkins is always A LOT harder than I think it is! I finally stopped doing it a few years ago. I'm really impressed you guys went for it!

Anonymous said...

The Transformer looks awesome! I'll have to show Brayden the picture. The first year we carved pumpkins we set them on the porch and the sun baked them. So now we just paint them and then cook others to make yummy pumpkin dessert :)