Reasons I was disappointed:
-Ian had to work all day Saturday. I mean, ALL day. He left before 8am and didn't come home until after 6pm.
-We didn't really have anything to do during the day on Saturday, so we stayed home and puttered around the house and baked cupcakes. There was no rain outside.
-The second we got in the car to go on our trick or treating adventure it started raining.
-We went to the mall to trick or treat. It was a madhouse. SO many people. Very little candy. Definitely not worth it in my opinion. Weston thought he got a ton of candy though so I guess that was good. And the boys got to at least dress up and wear their costumes to something.
-Daddy never even saw the kids in their costumes except in pictures.
-After we got home from the mall and ate dinner the rain let up. I probably could have taken Weston out in our neighborhood for some real trick or treating, but by this point it was dark and really cold and getting too close to bed time. But it was pretty sad watching him answer the door for the older kid trick or treaters in his costume.
Sigh. I just hope that they won't remember how lame their Halloween was and that we will have more fun next year and the stupid Utah weather will cooperate. I felt kind of embarrassed Saturday night for being in such a bummed out mood, but I swear when holiday celebrations don't come together I take it personally/feel responsible. I know my kids were fine and didn't feel like they really missed out on anything. I just had a different idea of what the day would/should be like. Anyway, moving on.
Sunday was nice. I taught the combined YM/YW lesson on testimony. It went pretty well even though I was kind of nervous about it. After church I had a presidency meeting, then we had some friends over for Papa Murphy's jack o lantern pizza and to watch Wallace and Grommit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit with us. It was really fun. I was glad that the weekend ended on good note. I am glad that this holiday is behind me too. Today I need to take down all the decorations and dust! I never dust in October and call it part of the decor. :)
I am excited that it is November and that I am in the home stretch of this pregnancy. I just hope I can get everything ready for baby and Christmas in time. This month is a super busy one with church activities, our anniversary, Thanksgiving, baby prep, and a visit from Ian's mom. She is going to be super helpful getting the nursery put together though, so that will just be fun. I'm pondering curtains in preparation for her visit.
What are you looking forward to in November?
11 comments:
Don't feel lame. If Jared wasn't home in the afternoon to help me I wouldn't have done nearly as much. That stinks that he had to be gone. :( Plus you're pregnant. You are amazing.
We love Wallace and Grommit around here. That movie is a good one. Shaun the Sheep is another favorite. Have you seen it?
I am looking forward to getting ready for Christmas this month. It is going to take the whole month too! :)
I'm sorry you were disappointed in how Halloween turned out. Especially when you had high hopes of something different/better. We had rain here all afternoon... that let up in time for some chilly trick or treating. but I would have been seriously disappointed if it had been raining the whole time too!! Next year, right?
And seriously, in November I just want to sleep. I feel like I've been in nesting mode for seven or eight months now, and I'm over it. Too bad I still have so much to do! One day at a time, right?? I am, however, looking forward to Thanksgiving. It's one of my very favorite holidays :)
Sorry to hear your Halloween was disappointing :( Wow, you are going to be super-busy in November. How nice that your MIL is coming! I love it when Justin's mom comes out. She plays with the kids, mops my floor and keeps me company...what more could I ask for?!
I am looking forward to cooler weather in November. I'm grateful that I don't live in snow but it's nice to have a break from hot weather for a couple months at least.
Bleargh! Sounds like a few of the Olson girls are a bit depressed these days. No fun! Here's to a better November. One more month!!! (kind of) I'm so excited for you guys.
November is a busy month, mostly I'm looking forward to getting this primary program over and done with!
That stinks that your Halloween was stinky. At least the kids won't remember it that way, right?
In November I am looking forward to moving to Utah! Maybe we can actually get together--especially since you already know where I'll be living--and we can finally meet each other's families.
I totally relate to the holiday downs when it doesn't go the way you hoped. Glad it ended on a good point, and even more glad you shared your decor tip--no dusting in october is the best idea I've ever heard :)
Man, I'm so sorry that Ian has to work so much. Braden went through a time like that and I HATED it! The days get really long. Sounds like your kids loved it, but I know what you mean about taking it personally. Just put your focus on Thanksgiving and that sweet baby girl who is coming! We are getting close! Yay!
What am I looking forward to? I can't wait until Black Friday. My heart beats a bit faster as I type that...
November is the best! my birthday, thanksgiving, and our wedding anniversary. i LOVE this month!!
I'm definitely looking forward to Thanksgiving and having a little time off of work. Sorry your weekend didn't turn out as planned, but I'm glad that the boys had fun. :-)
Don't feel bad for the kids. Children are easily pleased but also forget easily! They're young and will have many more holidays to celebrate!!
Post a Comment