Now that I'm 36 weeks I'm finally nesting! It feels like I have mostly just been exhausted this whole pregnancy. The nursery felt too overwhelming to tackle, but now that the dresser is cleared out and I have fun girl clothes to put inside it I have been feeling like getting it ready is really urgent. Plus, Thanksgiving is right around the corner and that means "any day now." I went to the doctor on Wednesday morning and I was measuring between 37 and 38 centimeters, which surprised my doctor, but the baby hadn't dropped yet, so we still have a few weeks to go.

Wednesday night I had a combined
YM/
YW planning meeting that I was in charge of. I felt like it was a little chaotic, but we did get lots of ideas for each month's combined activity for next year. Right when I was getting to the last month or two I realized I hadn't planned anything else for the evening. When I was finished the
YM president came in and said he had set up chairs in the cultural hall so the
YW could go in there and pick the actual activities we wanted to do for our months of the year and the
YM would stay in that room and figure out their months' activities then we would get the calendar nailed down. I was so grateful he had thought of doing that!
The
YW filed into the cultural hall and I held the door for them to make sure they all made it in (they tend to disappear to the bathroom sometimes), then when I came in I saw all my friends and some family there for a surprise shower! I really had zero idea it was happening. I was so touched. It was great fun to see friends and my aunt and cousins who drove down from Ogden. There were ward members there too, and, of course, the young women. It was pretty low key. We ate the cute rattle cupcake cake, visited, and opened presents. I got so many adorable little
girly clothes, a couple blankets, a couple packs of diapers and wipes, and a car seat cover. It was so fun of my friend, Janelle, to put the whole thing together and even make it a surprise! Thanks everyone who helped and came. It meant so much to me. :)
Me and my friend, Tara, who thankfully took some pictures and sent them to me.

Opening presents. My friend, Janelle, who threw the shower is the one taking pictures right behind me.


Yesterday after I picked up Weston from his short day at school we went to Babies R Us to register. I know that's kind of weird since I already had a shower and my baby is due in just a few short weeks, but I did it because they gave me a $10 gift card for registering. Why not, for a free $10? Anyway, it was good because it helped my organize in my head what things I still need to get. I went ahead a bought a couple things too. Then I went home and started getting my nursery organized!

The giant CD case I ordered from Amazon came yesterday too, so last night I stayed up and put our entire DVD collection into it. We had run out of room on our DVD shelf and had quite a few hidden in the cupboard. It was getting harder to know what we had to watch. It was kind of fun going through all our movies and seeing ones I hadn't watched in a long time. I also enjoyed organizing them into genres. I don't think I did the best job though. I didn't leave enough blanks spaces between sections, so we'll see how long they stay nicely organized. In the meantime Ian and I are still debating what to do with all the cases. Do we store them in the garage or just toss them?
Goodbye empty DVD shelf cluttering up my living room corner!

Can you believe all that got consolidated into the one case with plenty of pages leftover?

Yesterday morning while Weston was at school Davin decided to make his own little ball pit. He put all the balls into his fire truck and threw them around while he watched Cars. When I went in to sneak a picture he wanted me to take more and more. When I realized he was going to want me to take his picture with every single ball in there I said no. It was pretty funny how excited he was to have just HIS picture taken though. I sure love this adorable two year old!


Unfortunately Ian has been working late late nights this week and hadn't slept in 48 hours, so last night he mostly dozed on the couch while I talked at him until he officially had to go to bed. :) I am excited for our anniversary coming up and our fun date we have planned. Also the long Thanksgiving weekend will be nice. Hooray for November!
11 comments:
You look great!! That's so sweet of your friend(s) to do a surprise shower :). Hooray for fun new girly stuff. I definitly feel like "any day now" is creeping into my thoughts too. Just last night Jeremy asked me if I had packed a hospital bag (answer: no).
I'm glad things are coming together!
What an awesome surprise! So excited for your little girl to come!
I can't believe your little girl is coming so soon! I bet you cannot wait :)
What fun!!! THat is so sweet that they threw you a shower and so nice of Auntie B and Jessica and her girls to come down. Looks like you got some fun girl things too! And Davin is a cutie-patootie! Love that boy.
I loved seeing the pictures of the shower. Looks like you got a lot of fun little girl things. You are so funny to "register" for your free $10. You crack me up. Davin IS an adorable two year old. Can't wait for that baby to come so I can play with you all!! The reality is starting to hit that I get to hold a brand new baby granddaughter in my arms really soon!!! Love ya!!
You look so cute, I bet you are getting so excited for you little girl to come!
A surprise shower? How sweet!! It looks like you're pretty prepared for your little girl!! I love that Davin is getting into cameras, and is as 'camera ready' as Weston always is! Your boys are so funny!
Aww, Shannon, I'm so jealous that you're almost done with the pregnancy! You're lookin good girl!
Wow, what a fun shower plus it seems like you've gotten so much done. Yeah for a baby due in the next few weeks!! I keep forgetting you're having a girl. How exciting!
awww...look at all your cute pink stuff! How sweet of your friends to throw you a surprise shower! I love everything that you have done with the nursery. I can't believe she's going to be here soon!
I swear we are living the same life! I am in the young woman's and they threw me a surprise shower last week too! How fun. You are just like me, nesting like crazy. I am really worried about juggling two kids, so I just want everything done and organized. Looks like you got some really cute things! And your little Davin is so cute in that ball pit.
Post a Comment