That is pretty much the worst thing you can hear at an OB appointment when you're 37 weeks and so over being pregnant, but that's what I heard today. Sigh. I have been having a really rough week. It has been busy, but I have been sick and all I want to do is lay on the couch all day and read my book and have my food brought to me on a tray. :) Ian has been really great taking over when he gets home. I came home to fed, bathed, sleeping kids, rinsed dishes, and a tidy house last night after my YW training meeting. I am definitely thankful for my wonderful husband.
The other issue we have been having, besides me being sick and too busy to get better, is that Davin is not sleeping well. Grr. It seems like I can only remember brief pockets of time in his life that he has consistently slept through the night. Right now is NOT one of them. Yesterday he didn't nap, went to bed at 8pm, then was up 3 times between 1 and 2am. Which meant I was up. Then I couldn't get back to sleep because I was hungry, so I got up and ate a bowl of cereal and finally got back to sleep around 3:30. That makes for a very tired (and still sick) mommy and a tired, crabby 2 year old. I have declared today a "sick" day. Meaning I am only leaving the house to go to my OB appointment and to drop off/pick up Weston from school. Also I am staying in my sweats all day and not feeling guilty if I do nothing from my to-do list.
Today is Weston's last day of school until after Thanksgiving. It's a week from today! Crazy! Tomorrow night Ian and I are touring the hospital I'm planning on delivering at and picking up his mom from the airport for the weekend. I'm excited. I hope that I feel decent enough to enjoy the weekend.
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago
12 comments:
bummer! hopefully you feel better soon! I'll bet once your up and running, baby girl will get a burst of energy too and want to come right out. :D I will cross my fingers for that. She could still be a november baby which you know would make her even more awesome. ;) hang in there! and take all the "sick" days you need!!
Ugh...sorry you are having a sick day. I hope you get some sleep!
hang in there Shannon! You really are close :)
Sorry to hear there's no change. I was convinced that I would be the first woman who was pregnant forever, but obviously I was wrong. Each day might feel like a week, but eventually you will not be pregnant anymore.
I can so relate to anxiously awaiting that OB appt. only to find that nothing is going on down there. The sleeping issue sounds tough.:< I am nervous about having a third.You'll have to let me know how it goes.
If it makes you feel any better, they said I was about a 1 at my 36 week appointment. Same at 37. Same at 38. Same at 39. Same at 40. So yeah, I know how unbelievably frustrating that is! There is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better either. Everyone would tell me, "don't worry, you won't be pregnant forever, this will be over before you know it." And I knew that but it just didn't do anything for me. So I'm sorry. The end is awful.
And I'm so sorry about Davin not sleeping too! Not cool.
Yuck! I hate being sick. And then to be the caretaker on top of it...double yuck! I'm sorry you've had no changes. That truly is the worst you can hear when you're so ready to have baby join the family. Good luck getting through the weekend!
I'm sorry you're sick, I hope the sick day went well and you really did do nothing! I have the hardest time with that sometimes too! But don't feel guilty! Did you like the hospital and if you didn't can you switch? anyways miss you and can't wait to see you in a month!
By now Deni is there and you are hopefully getting some uninterrupted naptime! Today was our day with the Henshaw girls. For some reason it didn't click with Dad that he was going to have the girls all morning alone while I worked, even though we had this conversation about me having to work and he said that he would be fine. However, when I got home at 1:30 p.m. the girls were still in their pajamas and Rachel's diaper hadn't been changed. Pretty funny! Enjoy your weekend!!
I hear ya about being done. And that is the worst to hear that nothing has changed! Ugh! I go to the OB tomorrow and am hoping for good things too, but unfortunately pain does not always mean progress. I too do not sleep and get so worn out. Nice to know someone else feels the same way I do. I am done!!
No fun nothing is happening yet with that little girl coming. That is frustrating to hear!! And even more frustrating that Davin is not sleeping well. That is the Worst (wich a capital W). I hope he decides to switch that once your little girl arrives. Hang in there. I hope you have a good Thanksgiving. Thinking about you.
Honey, you should have been in sweats for the past month!! Good for you! Take it easy. Having to wait, I can only imagine, is so tough! Hopefully soon!!
Post a Comment