Ian and Davin did a little shopping at Kohl's and went out to lunch together while Weston and I were gone. Ian finally got some new church shoes. They had been a long time coming. He was still wearing his mission shoes that were looking a lot worse for the wear. My neighbor is friends with someone who works for Kohl's advertising department, so she got a big stack of Kohl's mailer coupons. She gave me 10 of the $10 off $20 coupons. They are such a great deal, so we have been using those to pick up some things we need for the season.
Later that afternoon we all went to see Tangled! We had heard lots of good things, so we were excited to see it. It was definitely a cute movie. I loved the music and thought the story was pretty sweet too. By the time the movie was over it was bedtime. Davin actually fell asleep in the car on the way home. Poor kid. After the boys were in bed Ian and I curled up to watch Four Christmases, which I had rented from the library. It was awful. Seriously, one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. I was highly disappointed that both Reese Witherspoon and Kristin Chenoweth were in it and it was so bad. And I wasn't in labor, so my Saturday evening felt a like a bust.
Sunday morning I was just grouchy that I hadn't had/was unlikely to have a baby this weekend. I went back to bed around 8:30 and decided I would just stay there all day. I'm such a lame-o. Finally around 10am after catching a little more sleep and feeling sorry for myself I dragged myself out of bed and barely got showered and ready in time for 12:30 church. It was still annoying having to hear everyone's comments about how I was still pregnant (yes, thank you I am aware), but I'm glad that I went to church. Testimony meeting was one of the best I've ever heard in our ward. Ian was conducting, so he got to bear his testimony and then Weston had to have a turn, of course. It was very sweet. Plus we got to sing Christmas songs! Albeit we sang the slowest rendition of Angels We Have Heard on High ever, but that's just part of living in a ward where the average age is 82. :)
Today I have been doing laundry and a little housework. After I picked up Weston from preschool we went and saw Ian's newly painted office. It looks very nice. Ian came with us to have lunch and then to the mall. We went to the mall that has had the crazy eye Santa in the past, but this year they had a new Santa. He was very cute. There was no line, so after the kids who were already there finished up, the boys both hopped up on his lap and told him what they wanted for Christmas. Weston stuck with his two sided lightsaber request. Davin was mostly unintelligible. I think he said something about his belly or a battleship, but I'm not really sure. This mall is much kinder about letting you take your own pictures with Santa, but I forgot the camera, so Ian snapped a couple pics with his phone. They actually turned out pretty cute.

We hit up the See's right next to Santa and bought our Christmas pound plus a couple chocolate Santas for the boys. Then we walked a lap around the mall while Ian and I discussed gift options for the last people left on our list to buy for. It is so much work to even walk these days. I have very little hope that my mall walk will put me into labor, but it was worth a shot and we got to have Daddy with us, so it was still fun.Miraculously both boys are napping at the moment. I am going to make a batch (probably my only batch) of chocolate bread and fold laundry. We are having friends over tonight for a sing along FHE. Should be fun. Tomorrow morning is my next doctor's appointment. If baby girl is looking ready to go/healthy then I am going to request a Wednesday induction. Ian's schedule is fairly light and he would probably be able to take the rest of the week off then my mom can come during her district's teacher's strike to visit and help out. We'll see what my doctor thinks of that plan. I'll keep you all posted!
12 comments:
I think the worst comment to hear when you're ready to have a baby is, "You're still pregnant?!" I hated that. I went a week over with Becca, and didn't mind too much because it worked out better with my work schedule, but I dreaded coming in every day and having a co-worker exclaim, "You're still here?!" Yep, thanks for rubbing it in. I hope the little one cooperates and comes as soon as possible. Good luck!
i remember seeing 4 christmases when it came out and we were also very disappointed. I too love reese and kristin and vince vaughn. it was definitely a flop. You should watch the Holiday to make up for the lame movie. Unless you don't like that movie...in which case don't watch it. lol. I love that movie. It is one of my favorites to watch around christmas time. :)
good luck at the doctor's tomorrow!! I will be crossing my fingers that we will have news of baby girl's arrival this week!
Such cute santa pictures. We saw Tangeled over Thanksgiving. I loved it. My boys actually really liked it too. And they are always like "no girl movies" and mean it too. (Not fair for me right?) I sure hope that little girl of yours comes soon!!!
Whhhaat, I need a friend that works at Kohls! So jealous! And I think my kids are now officially the last kids on the planet to see Tangled. Holding out for the dollar theatre! I did get her 2 tangled books from the library today though and she was pretty stoked. :)
Love the Santa pics! I will have to head over to the normal-eyed Santa, so funny!
Sounds like a mostly-fun weekend (minus the no-baby part). Hopefully, Mom can make you at least another batch of chocolate bread (she's probably a little out of practice though, so you should definitely oversee!)
That last week at church is definitely the worst. Blah! But I'm glad it was a good sacrament meeting...something had to make up for last week!
And I agree with Liz, you should watch the Holiday to make up for Four Christmas's (and next time check Rotten Tomatoes for reviews). I love you and will try to call tomorrow!!!!!!!
P.S. Have a baby soon!
Hey, Joy, on that chocolate bread remark. Dad bakes chocolate bread right up until school gets out and then I (yes, your mother) takes over and finishes up ;-) I was even thinking while I was reading that I would bake some chocolate bread for Shannon, if she could pry the baby from my arms for a minute. . . . wink, wink.
Thanks for the review on the Four Christmases. I'm waiting for White Christmas to arrive. Then it will feel like Christmas. We watched "The Shop Around the Corner" (where they got the movie "You've Got Mail") and it was centered around Christmas time so it felt like a Christmas movie. Jules and I were pretty satisfied with that. We had bread pudding and hot chocolate too.
Again, hope to see you by the end of the week ;-)
Wow you poor thing! I was sooooo pissed that I went over with Mason. I can only imagine that you are frustrated having to do this 3 times and not catching an early delivery break for baby #3. You are amazing though! You are all doing tons of housework and cooking and out and about. I am seriously impressed! Also, I HATE those rude people at church (I know hate is a strong word, but I feel strongly annoyed when I'm pregnant and people are insensitive) that talk about how huge you are. Grrrrr. Hopefully your doctor will agree to the induction on Wednesday. I'm crossing my fingers! Love you and good luck!!!
-Dawnie-
Our mall strictly forbids photos from your own camera. It kind of zaps the Christmas Spirit right out of you. You're so close Shannon!!! Can't wait to hear the news :)
You're so lucky that there was no Santa line! Every time we've gone the line has been unbelievably long and they charge WAY too much. So my kids don't get to do the Santa thing unless our ward Christmas party has a Santa...so deprived!
People make the lamest comments when you're pregnant. Have you heard of Bill Engvall's "here's your sign" joke for people who ask dumb questions? Check this out http://www.snopes.com/humor/jokes/heresign.asp It'll make you laugh while you wait for those contractions to start ;)
Wow...you are so close. At least you know you probably won't go past Wed.! Yay!
My pregnant friend said that same thing. She would come into work, and everyone would say, "So the baby didn't come this weekend?" or "You're still here?"
I totally agree with your movie criticisms. Four Christmases was terrible and Tangled was awesome! I'm impressed by your productivity, too. Since it's already Tuesday, I'm thinking positive thoughts that you're at the doctor right now getting things set up for baby girl to come tomorrow! :-)
Post a Comment