That's how I feel. A sitting time bomb. Just waiting waiting. I've been plenty busy but behind everything I do, I'm really thinking "Maybe this will put me into labor." "Maybe tonight is the night!" I do apologize for the somewhat broken record posts. It's hard to think about anything besides the impending arrival of this baby.
Yesterday I babysat my neighbor's girls all morning. After I picked up Weston from school we went back to Xpedx to do our returns, then picked up Ian and went out to lunch at Chick Fil A. We also ran across the parking lot into Target to pick up some more affordable and adorable stationery.
On a normal day, that would have done me in. Not yesterday. I was a machine. The boys wouldn't nap, so I turned on The Grinch for them then went and cleaned the bathroom. Like really cleaned it top to bottom. Scrubbed out the tub and shower. Mopped the floor. Cleaned the shower curtain rod, hung the new shower curtain and rings. Soaked the bathtub stopper in bleach, and washed out the toothbrush cup. It looks so pretty.
I cooked a real dinner. Not a hard one, but a real one. We had spaghetti and meatballs. I set the table and we ate together. I'm sad to admit that we hadn't done that this whole week. Ian took Weston to get a haircut. Davin and I vacuumed the front of the house, then swept the kitchen and I mopped it.
It felt so good to curl up and watch a Community after the kids were in bed. My back was killing me, but I had figured as long as it was already hurting after the bathroom I may as well keep cleaning and then not have to do any cleaning today! Plus I got to bask in the glow of a clean house for an hour or two before going to bed.
I did hope that all that hard work would make me go into labor, but no such luck. I guess I've sort of given up because I have plans for the weekend. In the meantime I am going to try to take it a little easier and just get smaller things done, like making our Christmas fireplace, finishing Key Lime Pie (my book), writing baby thank you's, and doing laundry.
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago
8 comments:
you ARE a machine! And all that didn't put you into labor? Boy, she's a stubborn lil gal, isn't she?!?
You know I know how you feel. And I knew a few weeks ago when you said you finally realized you were gonna have the baby soon that it meant you were entering sucky time. I was thinking, "No Shannon! Don't think about it!" :)
I can't believe you did all that yesterday. I would have been hoping the same thing. And you try not to hope it so you won't be disappointed but you just can't help it! Well I'm crossing my fingers for you. Can't wait to see her, she's gonna be beautiful!
okay, i need your awesomeness to rub off on me. here you are, 9 months pregnant, scrubbing out your tub and shower, meanwhile mine is probably growing tiny civilizations. it's probably the chore i loathe the most; well, next to toilets anyway. you ARE a machine, and my hero!!!!
This is why mom doesn't mind coming after you have a baby: your house is already spotless!!! (Can't say the same for mine.) It does feel good to sit in a clean house though and eat dinner together. I can't wait to see your cute fireplace, I love that you do that!
Wow! Good for you! I wasn't expecting to have Lucy here as soon as she was so while I'm so glad to not be pregnant I can't say as much for my house. I had cleaned a week earlier but was planning on cleaning on Monday again this week. So, we have the babe and a very messy place. Enjoy your cleanliness and sleep while you can!!!
I'm with Joy. . .thanks for getting that house in shape before the baby comes ;-) I remember with Joy, who was due in August, that it would be Halloween and I would still be pregnant. . . and it would Christmas and I would STILL be pregnant. But I wasn't. So she will eventually come. I love you!
Here's my positive thought for you today..."Thar she blows!" hahahaha
Okay, I'm weird.
Aww you poor thing!! I've heard kiwi, mango and pineapple have enzymes that cause mini contractions? Have Ian run to the grocery store for you! Make a smoothy... or two!!
Post a Comment