Today I'm feeling better. I had a friend come over to visit and watch some Pride and Prejudice this morning. That was fun. I didn't have to do any preschool runs, so I haven't had to go out in the cold today. The sun is shining. And I have M&M's in the cupboard. :)
I am also just super duper excited about the new bathing suit I got! I know, I know, it's January, but guess what? The best deals on bathing suits are sometimes found in the off season.
Isn't is adorable?!? (sorry the picture is so small, but I'm not posting a picture of me in it just yet) It looks really cute on too. It will look better when I've reached my goal of losing another 20 pounds, but still. And I love the yellow accents. Such a sunny, happy color. But you know what the best part is? It was on sale for $15, plus 10% off (using code "jenswim") made it only $20 shipped!I have another bathing suit from this same company (www.limericki.com) and I love them both! Here's why:
-It's a one piece! They are hard to find. Especially cute ones.
-It is fully lined front and back which makes everything look smooth and slim (even though it's not).
-These suits are cut very modestly. Nice and high in front and relatively low in the legs. When you're chasing kids around a pool you don't want to worry about flashing the other moms/dads or constantly adjusting your straps and pulling out wedgies.
www.limericki.com also sells modest tankinis. I haven't ever bought any of them, but they sure are cute too. Right now all their in stock one pieces are on great sale! Check out the awesome sale HERE!
***I was not paid or in any way compensated for this post. I just really like my new bathing suit.
Nothing to combat the winter/baby blues like dreams of summer and shopping. Am I right ladies? However, I'm going to have to rely on chocolate and romantic comedies this week because we are doing our first "no spend" week of the year. During "no spend" week we ideally buy nothing, but I am going to have to buy a few essentials (milk, fruit, preschool snack for tomorrow) this week. We are piggybacking "no eat out" week with "no spend" week since it just made sense, but we would save more money and be more healthy if we made "no eat out" week a different week. We'll get there. Hooray for 2011!
8 comments:
Go you! Your new suit looks very cute. It just hit me today that I'm going to Mexico this summer and I don't think I want to go at this current weight. Mexico might be a helpful incentive to make some changes.
I"m sorry you're not feeling so hot right now. I appreciate you! Just remember that!
We're contemplating a monthly no spend week too. Mostly because a few months ago I left my visa in utah county and we saved so, so much money in the two weeks I was without it.
Let us know if it makes a difference.
Dude, your new suit is so cute! I love it! And hang in there with all the winter blues. I'll send positive vibes your way. We California girls need to stick together during these blasted Utah winters :)
I love that new bathing suit! I'm tempted to buy the exact one for myself except I got a really nice (kinda expensive) one last year and don't need another yet.
I'm curious how your no spend week goes and hope you don't purge the following week to make up for it; I think I'd be tempted to do that. I need to cut back on my eating out at lunchtime spending because it's so easy to run through a drive-thru on my way home from errands when my kids are sleepy instead of fighting them at home and making up something for lunch. But I could really save some money if I could get a handle on that spending.
I am having some major winter blues this week as well. With Martin gone and the sucky weather I have had some tearful times too. It has helped to get out of the house and see people but I can't get myself to exercise or clean the house even though I know they'll make me feel better. You've got postpartum hormones to add to the problem though, so I'm sure it's no fun at all! I hate feeling out of control of my emotions.
very cute swimsuit. :) it's always fun to find a one piece that is cute. i can never wear a one-piece since i am too tall and they always go right up my butt....walking around with perma-wedgie is not exactly cute nor modest....lol. which is why i opt for the tankini when i need to go the 'modest route.' i will be checking out that website. Thanks for the tip! :)
glad you're feeling less blues-y today. best of luck on your no-spend week!
i'm a little nervous for the baby blues. with wendy, i felt like 90% of my post-pardum blues were really just sleep deprivation. but that super cute bathing suit would cheer anyone up. hang in there!
That swimsuit is really cute and holy moly, what a deal! I really like your no-spend week idea. We usually have one of those, too- it's the last week of our monthly budget when it's all gone. :) But I like the idea of taking charge and doing it even when you technically do have money to spend.
Sounds like you deserved to buy yourself something!! Things will get easier, but i'm glad you can look at the positives!! Too bad it's winter... I bet getting out of the house in the sunshine would help. Soon!!
Post a Comment