Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Random Stuff

Time is a funny thing. It can drag so slowly and fly by at the same time. I swear every day this week has felt so looong, but at the same time I can't believe tomorrow is already Thursday! In the next couple weeks I have Weston's birthday/birthday party, YW New Beginnings, and I'm throwing a baby shower for my friend. They are all sneaking up on me. We went and bought the invitations for Weston's party today. Man, I hadn't been to Target in awhile. It was fun. I really did need most of the stuff I bought, but we also got a couple Transformer books at the dollar spot and the boys got a pair of foam swords (as if we need more of those, but they always pick them!). I got a new nail polish that I plan on putting on tonight. Talia got free formula and vitamin D drops. :)

Talia has these bouts of fussiness at night that are so annoying. I hate to listen to a crying baby, but if she is going to cry while I hold her then she can cry in the bouncer or her crib. I still just wish she wouldn't cry. That would be nice, huh?

Anyway, I had a planning meeting with the young women on Tuesday and it was great. Why? First of all because I had all of them there (which in and of itself is a minor miracle)! Second because they had lots of ideas and we have plenty of things on the list to plug into the calendar through May. We also got the ideas for the combined activities we are in charge of written down and agreed on. Best of all we were done in an hour! Now if we can get as good of a turnout at New Beginnings I will be a happy girl.

You know what else makes me happy? Free formula. Talia isn't even on formula yet, but I try to stockpile as many freebies as I can. This baby has been the best yet. I signed up for the Similac Strong Moms program online and they sent me the 2 sample cans. Then they sent me this Gold Club member card, so I went and put that membership number in online. Since then I have gotten two rebate check coupons for $20 each (which pays for all but one dollar of the full size box of formula) and a coupon for a free full size simple pac. Sweet! I hope they keep sending me these!
Yup, all free!
I can't remember what day these were taken, but here are a few pics of our life at home.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Just wanted to make a comment about the evening fussiness...do you have a wrap? (Like a moby wrap or a sleepy wrap.) Those are the BEST for calming the baby--and they leave your hands free for getting things done while baby snoozes.

elizabeth said...

I love Talia in her cupcake outfit, but the sleeves look a little shorter. . . she's getting bigger!! Sob, sob.. . Can't wait to see you.

Unknown said...

ooh, I've never heard of that similac club... but for all that free formula, I might have to join!

and Talia looks adorable in that last photo!

joyous said...

Free stuff is always cool! I haven't been to Target since just after Christmas. This might be a record! I love your green sweater in the picture, so wintry and fun! Talia's balding head is sweet too, good thing she can wear headbands. I can't wait to hold that cute girl!

Lynsey said...

Wow I can't believe she is already a month old. Time goes fast-and I remember those fussy days Wes had, and they went by so fast -your almost through!

Hilary said...

Evening fussiness is horrible -- does it help if I tell you it'll pass? Probably not. But, it does. I promise. :-)
With my last two kids I got all kinds of free formula, but this time around I managed to get my hands on ONE can from the hospital, and it turned out to be beetle-infested (well, it was in the recall, at least.) So, I threw that out. I've never actually ever used formula, but I like having it around in case of an emergency, or if I couldn't get home as quick as I need to . . . I might see if I can get in on this Similac thing . . . plus, whenever I get around to weaning my kids, I've always taken the free stuff I'd gotten and donated it or given it to friends.

J, J and B said...

I'm surprised they didn't give you a break from Young Women's! You should use that and have them babysit for you (at least the boys) at times! :)