I love that I have a girl and I get to accessorize her with sparkly flowers. I forgot about this adorable headband my mom gave me with a super cute dress. The dress was hanging in the closet (it doesn't quite fit yet) and the headband was hanging on the hanger. I pulled it off and put it on Talia on Monday. It is so cute! I also put her in a new 3 month onesie. It was big, but not too ridiculously huge. :) I can tell she is getting bigger and so I'm trying to let her get as much use out of her 0-3 month wardrobe as possible. Plus I miss putting her in new clothes. Anyway, here are a few pics of the cute kids and the cute headband.


In other news I had my first counseling appointment yesterday. It went well. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but mostly at this first visit we just talked about what was going on and she was getting to know me and about my family/situation. I think I'll do at least a couple more sessions with her, but not anything long term (unless of course I take a major nosedive). She really liked the idea of getting an elliptical for exercising at home since exercise is a natural antidepressant. She also recommended a book to read and said she would be teaching me some techniques for relaxing and re-centering in the middle of life when I get frustrated or anxious. It was good to just talk about my feelings and get some validation, you know?
Yesterday morning my blow dryer died, so I had to buy a new one because I can't survive without one. Sad? Maybe, but it is what it is. I had a couple other errands to run too, so I got to go out and do some shopping after FHE. It was a lot of fun. I seriously love Target. I spent $20 and I got 2 Star Wars coloring books, 2 Transformers board books (for prizes for Weston's party), 3 small rolls of Valentine wrapping paper (gotta love the dollar spot!), a sweater and turtleneck for Weston, a thermal shirt and a pair of jammies for Davin, invitations for my friend's baby shower, and a pack of dessert plates for Weston's party. I decided to try buying my new blow dryer from Sally's since they have more salon brands. I used it this morning and so far it's pretty great. Very lightweight and quiet.
Today it snowed. Boo. Now I have to come up with an alternative combined YW/YM activity. We were supposed to go to Temple Square tonight, but with the snow I don't think we will. Any ideas? The theme for the month is Repentance. That's kind of a hard one to tie in with indoor soccer, so I need a better idea than that. Perhaps we will watch some of the new DVD about the year's theme and pop popcorn. If we have time then we can play Catch Phrase. I love that game. Not sure how it ties into Repentance, but we can make it work. Sigh.
7 comments:
What book did your counselor recommend? I'm completely curious. And, I can't believe all that you got for $20! What great deals!
P.S. My word verification is Kalli, which I find interesting since it's only one letter from Kallie!
Love the new outfit and headband...it doesn't look too big at all. They grow so fast! Glad to hear how successful you were at Target. I need to go, but know I will spend too much...so I keep putting it off. This only makes the eventual trip THAT much more expensive. LOL
A church DVD, popcorn and a game, is a great back up for a canceled activity! Hope you have fun. :)
Some of the girl stuff is too girly for me, but I've surprised myself and Eli by how much I like putting Ivy in cute clothes and doing her hair (except for the days when she kicks screams while I try to do it).
Makenzie and I were just dying over Talia's little headband. So cute. Makenzie kept saying,"she kinda looks like me when I was a baby huh? Because I had cute headbands like that." haha
Man, score at Target! geez, your list just kept going and going.
Hope YW went okay, sorry I was a little too late to help you with that one!
oh and by the way, Jarom is SO thrilled/honored that HE got invited to Weston's party, too. You made his whole week. He keeps asking if it is Saturday. He can't WAIT to pick his present.
Love the headband on Talia!! That picture of her smiling is SO cute!! Again, can't wait. . I'm glad you went and saw a counselor. You'll be glad you did. Hang in there!!
Yeah for getting out...and you got all that for $20???!!! you are amazing. Seriously. I love Target too. I hardly ever make it out for $20 though. Glad you got to meet withyour therapist too. Validation is good. Good luck with your YW/YM combined activity.
It's always good to get validation, especially from someone who doesn't know you! Glad things are going well! Love the flower headband! Look at pictures of Talia makes me want a girl big time! Maybe in a few years!
Post a Comment