I officially have a 5 year old! Weston's birthday was on Saturday. We had a very fun weekend starting with a full day on Friday. Weston got to pick his birthday outing and he chose the Treehouse Museum in Ogden. We had never been there and he has been asking to go since he saw ads for it on PBS. We have some friends in Ogden, so we invited them to join us. The Treehouse was a blast. Lots of fun kid exhibits (and I only lost Davin for about 5 minutes). :) After the museum we all went to lunch at Weston's pick, McDonald's, of course. I enjoying having someone to chat with while the kids played.
Next we headed to the Icon Fitness scratch and dent warehouse to look at some ellipticals. I ended up buying one, but more on that later. We ended our Ogden excursion with a visit to my Auntie B's house! My cousin Jessica was there too and it was nice to just relax and visit. The boys were so excited to play with Auntie B's doggies. I had a nice, quiet drive home while the kids all slept. I made Weston's birthday dinner Friday night. He requested spaghetti with butter and mizithra. I love that kid.

Saturday morning was the big Transformers party! It was actually a relatively simple party. It also ended up being small, but I thought it was just perfect. I also kind of enjoyed having the kids all just dropped off. I thought it would be harder without the parents staying, but it really wasn't. We started the party with some snacks and an episode of the new animated Transformers cartoon. Then we played games. First we played ring toss where the kids tossed the ring to a blanket with prizes laid out on it. Whatever prize the ring landed on (or bounced off of) the got to keep. Next they played bean bag toss with the awesome autobot symbol bean bag toss board Ian made and won tootsie rolls. Finally we played musical cards. The kids walked around in a circle on the pictures of different transformers. Whoever was on the one that got called when the music stopped got a fruit by the foot.




Finally it was time for cake and presents. Weston was a champion candle extinguisher this year and enjoyed being sung to. He also was super excited to open presents. He got lots of fun things. Thanks everyone! Ian and I bought his a bike, but we totally forgot about it and it was over at our neighbor's house hiding, so it didn't get here until the very end of the party, but Weston was pretty excited about it. We lucked out with a sunny 45 degree day, so Weston got to take his bike outside and practice riding it a little bit.





Saturday afternoon Weston went and ran errands with me. We bought the movie Hercules. The boys watched it while they ate their pizza for dinner. I would say it was a successful birthday. We sure love our cute, precocious Weston. He's just growing up too fast!
Good thing we still have a newborn who hasn't grown up too much yet. :) Here are a couple cute pictures of the princess. She is wearing new outfits almost every day now so I have to take lots of pictures again. My friend, Ireland, made her the cute knit flower hat.


14 comments:
The Red Letter Day plate was my favorite tradition as a kid! I can't believe you have one! There was a song my mom used to play that went along with it called, "Red Letter Day." I will always associate important days with that song and plate :)
What a fun Transformer party! Your game ideas were great. I may have to borrow the ring toss one. I like parties where the kids get dropped off too. If the parents are there I worry about keeping them entertained also, plus then you have to have more food. Happy birthday, Weston!
My grandparents live in Ogden (well, Roy), and we used to go to the Treehouse museum when we were kids. LOVED it. :) It's probably even cooler now.
What a fun birthday AND birthday party. Go you on getting it altogether with a newborn. It looks like he had a blast!
Fun birthday party wow! Can't believe that he is 5. Glad Talia slept the whole time. Happy birthday bud!
Grandma.
Shannon, your kids are adorable! And happy birthday to Weston :)
I think you threw a great party! Sounds like a great day. I agree...having parties for older kids is way more fun. It feels less like babysitting and more...well fun. Because I can't think of a better word right now. :)
P.S. Your Star Wars pancake molds rock!
Can I just say that I love Weston's Transformers costume?! It's rad.
What a great birthday!! Your party looks like it was a big success. It's amazing how the simple things can be so fun. He looked great in his costume too. :) I can't wait to hear all about it.
you are AMAZING! your kids are so lucky to have such a fun mom! looks like the bday party was a huge success. and of course i love talias pics. keep em coming!!!
My favorite picture of Weston is when he's lined up in full costume. . . mask included! He is so funny! Love the hat on Talia. Tell Ireland she did a great job!!
Sounds like Weston had a fabulous birthday weekend! Go you Shannon. I love making birthdays fun and special for my kids. There is just something great about it.
Looks like Weston had a great time. It was fun to see you guys. All of your kids are so adorable and it was fun to finally see Talia.
Oh my! I LOVE the "you are special" plate! My family had one growing up. I'll need to get one for our family!! Weston's party theme was so cute. And, I think kids almost do better without parents. They tend to be better behaved!!
Post a Comment