Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Family Time!

This last weekend we had more visitors! Ian's parents flew in for the long weekend. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed some down time too. The kids were so excited to see Grandma and Papa. We picked them up from the airport on Friday and lunch time and went straight to In N Out. Once we were all full of burger goodness we checked them into their hotel then came back to the house to play. Grandma and Papa brought the boys puzzles and new sunglasses! Davin was pretty good at putting together the puzzles. After dinner we all went back to the hotel to swim. I just sat in the hot tub and it was fabulous. I had missed being able to soak in a hot tub for the past year.
Saturday morning we drove downtown and went to the Clark Planetarium. They always have cool shows playing. This time we saw an IMAX 3D movie called The Legend of Flight. It was pretty cool and showed the process of developing and building a plane. Then we wandered the Planetarium and checked out the exhibits.
Grandma and Papa treated us to lunch at Chick Fil A, then we all went home for naps. Saturday night we took advantage of the free babysitters and went out to dinner with some old friends, the Marshalls. Ian and John knew each other from Oregon, were roomies in the dorms at BYU, and John was a groomsman at our wedding. I keep up with Amy and their kiddos on their blog, but we hadn't seen them in person for years. We had a great time visiting and joking. We had a delicious dinner at Market Street Grill then played a game of pool over at Ian's work. It's always nice to get out without the kids and to get out with friends is even better. It reminds us that we haven't always just been parents, you know?

Sunday was good. I didn't have to teach and I canceled my presidency meeting, so we had a nice, long afternoon to relax, watch movies, play games, bake cookies, and put together a yummy dinner. It was great just spending time together. Unfortunately Denny wasn't feeling very good, so it's a good thing we had a slow Sunday afternoon. Talia worked on being cute all weekend and the boys got in some good play time with Papa. Monday morning we went and swam at the hotel again. The water was pretty warm and it felt good to swim. I don't think I had been in the water since the end of last summer. Sigh.
Once we were all showered and dressed we went to lunch at Kneaders. Later that afternoon Ian and Weston took Grandma and Papa back to the airport. I'm so glad that I have such great in-laws who love me and the kids and always make such an effort to see us and to make it fun. Thanks Jim and Den!

Ian and I also spent part of our long weekend watching some Oscar nominated films. As you know, I love to watch the Oscars and I prefer to have seen as many of the best picture nominees as I can before the big night. In case you don't have it on your calendar, Oscar night is this Sunday, Feb. 27th. :) For a list of all the nominees, go HERE.

4 comments:

Liz Smith said...

i LOVE oscar night....although i am more about the red carpet. i get all comfy on my couch with my snacks and watch all the stars' in their dresses....it is my happy place. :) i am so behind in the movies though! i wanted to watch the best picture nominees too, but there is no way im going to catch up now. oh well. next year i totally will!

joyous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! It's nice to have some down time at home. Love all the pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! Grandmas and Grandpas are the best. Is that your new swimsuit you're wearing? The bright yellow straps are so fun!

J, J and B said...

How fun catching up with old friends! Blogs are great, but it's even better in person!! Love the photos with Grandpa and the boys! :0)