Saturday, February 5, 2011

This Crazy Week

I have been meaning to post for days now, but I have had a very hectic week. I spent all day Monday and Tuesday preparing for our Young Women New Beginnings program. It was a lot of work. It was exhausting, but it turned out pretty good. We had 3 of the 4 incoming beehives there with parents and most of our current young women there. We did a cooking show theme with one of my counselors putting together a fruit pizza using the value colors and talking about what each value means. We also, of course, introduced the new beehives and I did an overview of the YW program. Anyway, it was short and sweet and now it's done. That's the main thing. :)

Anyway, I took Wednesday "off" and just hung with the kids and didn't really do much. Then Thursday and Friday were spent getting ready for my friend's baby shower that I threw at my house this morning. It was also very nice. I love doing brunch showers. They are so easy and most people are available mid-morning on a Saturday. I made my grandma's souffle, muffins, and a fruit plate. It was pretty and delicious. I got lots of compliments on the food. We didn't play any games, just visited and opened presents. Even though only about half of the people I invited came it felt full. I guess that's the perk of having a small house. Anyway, again, now it's over. Whew! Now if I can just get through my YW lesson and presidency meeting tomorrow I will be ready to relax for a few days and enjoy my mom's visit next weekend!

In other news, I got a new toy! I bought this elliptical machine last weekend at the Icon Fitness scratch and dent warehouse. I love it! It has been really great being able to hop on for 15 minutes during the lulls in my day. It makes me feel like I finally have a fighting chance at making regular exercise a reality. I truly enjoy exercising (most days), but it is just so hard to get all ready and go to the gym during a time that Ian is actually home. Having the elliptical in my living room, although not great for my general home decor, reminds me to use it. If it was in the garage I have a feeling I wouldn't use it as often. Out of sight, out of mind, you know? So, yeah, so far I love it!
Finally a new picture of Miss Talia. She is such a doll. She wasn't particularly happy when I was trying to take this picture, so no smile, but her smiles are truly precious. I am loving dressing her up and then getting her to smile at me. I am planning on getting a picture of her with her brothers next time she wears this outfit.
In the midst of all my crazy running around this week, it was freezing cold. Like high of 10 degrees kind of cold. And my preschool carpool buddy was sick, so here's hoping for a slightly less hectic and warmer week!

11 comments:

Mel said...

she looks so much like your boys! definitely a bowles! hoping for warmer weather with you! have fun with your new "toy". looks great!

Kate said...

I'm so jealous! I'd love to have one in my house.

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy bee! I'm glad New Beginnings is over and you can breathe a little. Yeah for ellipticals! That was one of my favorite things to use when I went to the gym. And Talia is as adorable as ever...they grow so quickly, especially in the beginning!

Alexis said...

Nice work on the shower and YW activity! You're awesome! And June has the same outfit. :)

J, J and B said...

Wow, you're very busy! Super mom! It's always good to serve though which helps us to forget ourselves for a little bit! I too have a treadmill. It's so much easier having the work-out equipment at your home. It's much more motivating. And yes, it doesn't exactly go with the house decor, but happiness and energy do! ;)

elizabeth said...

Yep, she has those expressive eyebrows!! I get to hold her in FOUR DAYS!! Can't wait to see you all. Good to get all those things under your belt. See you soon!

Denny said...

When you said that you were buying your new toy I wondered where you were going to put it. I thought by the door! Perfect. When it is out of site you truly do have it out of mind. Besides the garage is cold! At least mine is. Can't believe how big Talia is getting! Can't wait to see her and hold her and play with the boys.

Delia said...

Whew...that is a busy week. I like your NB idea. Very cute. I hope you get some rest. Sounds like you are taking it in stride.

Liz Smith said...

i'm sorry it's so cold! i hate when it gets like that. i can tolerate 20-30 degree weather just fine. But when it drops to the single digits, it is just plain miserable, especially when the wind is blowing. ugh.

i like your new toy!!!! i can't wait until i have a basement or some kind of bonus room so i can have an elliptical or treadmill in my house and be able to workout while watching movies or shows on my dvr. or if it is super cold outside, i wouldn't feel bad for not going to the gym that day and just stay at home and workout. i think that was a good investment! :)

Tasha said...

Wow, that was one busy week. Way to go on surviving it all :) Fun new toy too. Go yo on using it during the lulls in the day.

heather said...

i had an elliptical. it's how i got super skinny for my wedding day. you'll love it. and i am a firm believer in work out equipment at home so you can do it on your own time, shower in your own shower, and not have to pay a monthly gym fee whether or not you make it there each month.