Ok, well it wasn't exactly a party, but we did have a really nice weekend. I am oh so happy to report that Davin is a potty training wunderkind! He woke up and found his potty seat and underwear in the den. He immediately put on a pair of underwear, which he promptly peed in. Whoops. We cleaned him up and sat him on the potty then put on clean undies and hoped for success. About 40 minutes later he peed on the carpet in the den. I was standing right there when it happened and he said "I'm peeing!" So I grabbed him and put him on the tile in the kitchen. I kind of freaked him out and he was trying not to cry while I cleaned him up. Poor kid. I hugged him and we tried again. I think that second accident helped him make the connection of what it feels like to have to go because about 10 minutes later he said he had to go to the potty, so we went and sat and he peed in the potty!!! Success! We cheered and did a little dance and gave him 4 M&M's. :)
After that he was at the computer and pooped in his underwear. That is the worst. Lucky for me, I was nursing Talia so I didn't have to do the icky clean up. Thanks Ian! While I was making lunch Davin said he had to go potty, so I went and put him on the potty and waited. Nothing. I said "OK, Dav, are you done trying?" He said no, but I had a
quesadilla on the stove, so I just let him sit there. A few minutes later Ian went in to check on him and tried to get him down, but he said NO! Finally lunch was ready and Davin still hadn't come out of the bathroom. I went in there and said, "It's time for lunch. Let's get you down." I went to pull him off the potty and saw that he had pooped in it!
Wahoo!!! That was by far the biggest hurdle with Weston, so I was beyond excited that Davin did it on the first day. We put him in a pull up for nap time, but he woke up dry and peed in the potty again. No accidents for the rest of the day.
Sunday we woke up to this:

After our Spring weather on Thursday and Friday I was a little bummed out. The only reason I wasn't too upset was because I knew I didn't have to go anywhere. Davin wore his underwear all day (except nap time) and only had one accident. He woke up dry from his nap and pooped in the potty too. I am so excited because potty training Davin has been so easy! I don't know if Weston was harder because I'd never done it before or if it was because he wasn't really ready when we tried, but whatever the reason, I am glad that our weekend of potty training paid off. I'm sure Davin will still have accidents in the next few weeks, but the hardest part is over.
We truly enjoyed being able to relax and listen to General Conference. There were so many fantastic talks. I can't wait for them to come in my Ensign so I can re-read them since I have already forgotten a lot of what was said. I made yummy breakfasts both days. We had souffle and cinnamon rolls on Saturday morning and pancakes and bacon on Sunday morning. Weston and I played Conference Bingo. Weston was actually really good at it and listened like a big kid. :) I only fell asleep for about 20 minutes during the Sunday afternoon session, and I thought that was pretty good considering Talia has been waking me up twice every night lately. Good thing she's cute!

This morning I took Davin and Talia to baby
story time at the library while Weston was at school. We hadn't been in forever. I put Davin in a pull up for the outing, but about 5 minutes into
story time he said he had to go potty. When he saw the big toilet in the bathroom he said "Not on
dat. On
dere!" pointing to the changing table. I said that he wasn't wearing a diaper and that I would hold onto him. I got him situated and he totally peed in the big toilet! What a big boy. He was super excited to get to flush the public toilet. Gross, I know, but usually whenever we go to the bathroom while we are out I always tell him not to touch the potty, so he was excited when I told him to go ahead and flush. :)
Anyway, it was a good, relaxing weekend. I was sad to see it end. This week looks like icky weather (the snow hasn't melted and more is
forecasted). Plus Ian is going out of town for a client meeting on Wednesday and Thursday, so that will make our week longer and less fun too. I am trying to have a good attitude about it, but it looks a little bleak. Luckily I got a new book from the library and a couple movies to keep us busy, but if anyone wants to do a
playdate let me know!
PS-Did anyone catch the goofball at the end of the Sunday afternoon session of Conference?
Check these out!

10 comments:
Hooray for potty training!!
Um yeah, I would be oh so happy with Virginia only waking up twice a night... we are seriously struggling in the "I can put myself back to sleep" stage of babyhood. Last night was every two hours from 8 pm to 6am (I think that adds up to five times...)I am struggling to let her cry it out for some reason (that I clearly don't understand). I need more sleep!
And I hear ya on the weather! The spring heat was oh so nice for all it lasted!
But all in all, hooray for conference weekend!
Wohoo!!! I can't believe how great Davin has done. Thank heavens. :) And I'm glad you enjoyed conf too. It was good for us to stay home and be grown up about it. Jim said he missed going to my folks this year.
Bummer about the snow. That is pretty amazing. I won't brag that it's sunny and warm with a nice ocean breeze in my backyard right now. ;) Love ya!!!
when we were watching conference on sunday morning and the camera did a shot of temple square, i saw all the snow on the trees and i turned to jared and was like "is that snow i just saw? did they seriously get snow this morning?" i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but it sure was beautiful. :)
and yes, i totally saw that goofball at the end of one of the sessions.
congrats on the potty training! go davin! :)
Hooray for Davin! Zander has been my easiest to potty train also and I think it's because I didn't push him at all like did the other three. Now I know what it means for your child to be "ready" to potty train...it only took me four tries to figure it out ;)
Go Davin!! One week from tomorrow I'll be there to witness it for myself. I'm going to check the weather in minute to see what in store while I'm there. We had a delightful conference weekend. We enjoyed the peaceful and quiet house ;-)
I missed that guy! How funny.
And whoa...you guys got pounded with snow. Yikes
I am so proud of Davin {and you} that he is doing so well with potty training! Yay!
Wow, I'm amazed at how great Davin has done with potty training. I hope he keeps it up.
Good luck flying solo this week! Play-dates, early bedtime for the kids, and a good book or chick flick and something chocolate for me always helps :)
Potty training seem ridiculously hard. Good for you (and Davin). My roommates and I busted up laughing seeing that guy at the end of Conference. I loved how quickly they cut to another scene.
Hey cute mama,
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog last night. I went and found that post of yours you mentioned (I try to keep up with blogs but these days I end up getting way behind) and I'm sad I didn't see it sooner because I can relate SO much. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with postpartum "blues" as well, but I'm grateful that I have great examples like you as proof that you can survive it! I honestly think there should be a support group for moms with new babies (especially when they're going through that newborn fussy stage--lately Hannah's decided the hours from 6-11 pm are for inconsolable crying and it really wears on you).
Anyway, sorry for the long comment that has nothing to do with your post...I was going to email you but I realized I don't have your email and I couldn't see it anywhere on your profile...I just wanted to thank you for reminding me I'm not alone!
P.S. Props to you for tackling the potty training! It sounds like you're BOTH doing awesome (because let's be honest, isn't it just as much work--if not more--for the mom?).
Wow, Davin's doing so well!! Lucky mom! I love Conference as well. We don't have it broadcast here until this coming Sunday. I've already watched most online!
Post a Comment