Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weston's Pick

Yesterday we needed to get out of the house. Our first day of Spring Break was rainy and a little boring. We went to the library to get new books and movies. It was only minimally exciting. That night for FHE we built a fort and watched Phineas and Ferb inside while we ate our brownies. That was fun, but by Tuesday we were ready to get out and have some fun. It was still threatening rain when we left for Provo and was drizzling when we got there. I dropped off some family reunion DVD's at my aunt's house then we went out to lunch. Weston picked Carls Jr. with a playplace. They boys had a blast in the play room and it worked out that I could feed Talia while they played.

When we were done the rain had stopped and we headed up the hill to the Bean Museum. Going to the Bean Museum was Weston's main Spring break outing request. Since it's free I figured I could manage it. We all had fun at the museum. We discovered a fun children's play room with plastic animals, toys, and a magnet board to play with. Talia got to lay out and kick for awhile too.
We saw all the animals, but couldn't find the cougar! Finally I asked where it had gone. Luckily it was still there just moved downstairs. We actually didn't get a picture of it, but Weston wanted his picture taken with a buffalo and Davin picked to have picture taken by a bear. Weston's favorite thing was to pretend to be scared of the animals in his pictures.
In this one he is running away and Davin is doing "Shawp cwaws."


The sun finally came out while we were checking out the museum, so when we left we had to go to the creamery for some delicious BYU ice cream. It was even nice enough to eat it outside! The boys literally ran laps around the outdoor tables which thoroughly entertained the two elderly couples who were chatting outside. It felt so great to sit outside and soak up some sun.


By the time we got home it was almost 4pm. One of my YW came over and made rice krispie treats for our activity, then stayed for dinner until it was time for mutual. We finished doing a camp craft and had a pretty chill evening. I had to grocery shop after mutual, but it ended up being a really good Spring break day. Talia even treated me to a full night's sleep (8:30-7:30? Yes please!). Happy day.

5 comments:

Jimbogun said...

Love the pics! Makes the story even better. Thanks for the chat last night too. :) Enjoy a few more days of spring break!!!

joyous said...

Dang it! That was me.

Tasha said...

Yeah for a fun spring break day!! I love seeing you in Provo. I miss Utah.

Liz Smith said...

i'm so glad you guys finally got some sunshine!!!! that is so nice. spring this year is so messed up...we are back to 30-40 degree weather. it is getting old!

elizabeth said...

Such a great outing!! Even Talia understands the principle of Spring Break! I think I'm ready for another one! However, I'm looking forward to the Henshaw's tomorrow and Mel on Friday. . . yippee skippee!