Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Celebrating Easter was a fitting end to our week of Spring break. I loved every minute of our weekend. We had so much fun, but managed to throw in some relaxation. Saturday we had a lovely Easter lunch and an Easter egg hunt for the kids with our friends. It is kind of a tradition we had with our family friends, the Green's, growing up. I really enjoyed our afternoon. It was low key and I was so happy that the rain held off long enough for us to hunt eggs outside in the yard. Weston was a pro at egg hunting, but was also very sweet about sharing. Once I told him he had enough he would give all the eggs to found to Davin or Kate. I think there were plenty to go around though. We went a little overboard and hid over 100 eggs for just the three kiddos. :)






After counting and opening all the eggs we were all a little tired. The Bayles' headed home for nap time and we spent the rest of the afternoon resting and dying eggs. Weston and I watched the first half of The Testaments before I started dinner. It was really neat watching it with my 5 year old. He had question after question about what was happening and I was glad that I could explain it all to him. He is such a sponge, and probably will remember most of what he saw and heard.
We had a nice meal of grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, and grilled zucchini. Everyone went to bed early since the boys didn't have naps and I had woken up with the start of a cold. The Easter bunny hid the kids' baskets as per tradition, so when the boys woke up they immediately started looking for them. Weston found his faster than I expected him to. I can't believe that I forgot to take pics of their baskets before I hid them, but they were a big success. I was really happy with the things I got for the boys. They each got a couple books, a couple movies, a shovel/rake set, some new character socks, chocolate bunnies, candy, and a pet. Weston's was a Webkinz puppy (now named Max) and Davin's was a Zhu Zhu Pet (named Zhu Zhu). Talia was pretty oblivious, but she got a new bathing suit (thanks Grandma B!) and pink baby sunglasses in her basket.
Amazingly enough we managed to all get ready for church in time for a few photos beforehand. We decided to do them inside since I didn't want to put Talia in the wet/muddy grass in her white dress. The kids all looked adorable, but I have to admit I was extra excited to have a new Easter dress for Talia. Grandma Denny bought her Easter dress for her a couple months ago and I have been patiently waiting to put it on her until this weekend. She looked ultra adorable in it (if I do say so myself). What fun dressing up a girl is!
And how lucky am I to get to spend my days with this handsome duo?!?
We didn't have time for a proper photo shoot of just Talia, but here are a couple more of her in her dress after church.

We had a very nice time at church (if you ignore the last 20 minutes of Sacrament meeting when Talia was crying and the boys were being less than reverent while I bounced her in the back of the chapel which led to Davin having a quick time out in the foyer). Ian and I sang with the choir, and I enjoyed what I was able to hear of the talks. After church Davin napped and Weston and I finished watching The Testaments. At the end when Jesus comes to visit the Nephites Weston leaned over to me and said, "I wish I was there." Me too. I told him that Jesus will come again and we might be here when it happens so we need to be ready. It was really a special teaching moment.

We were lucky enough to enjoy a delicious Easter ham dinner with our bishop and his family last night. Seriously, it was all my favorite things: ham, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, grated carrots, rolls, and pomegranate 7-up. I have to admit it was nice not having to do the clean up from a big meal too. I thoroughly enjoyed this year's Easter weekend. I hope you did too!

6 comments:

Carly said...

How seriously adorable is your little family?! It sounds like it was a great weekend!

(Um and I must say Sacrament meeting at the END of church sounds like a nightmare.)

Kate said...

Wow thats a TON of eggs! I hope you can use them all :)

I love the Easter photos of your kids. SOO adorable- all of them.

Tara said...

Cute photos, Makenzie used to have a dress so much like Talia's. It was one of my favorites. She looks adorable, as do the boys!

Katie said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter! That picture of the three of them and just your boys are ADORABLE! They are so good to sit still and smile. Couldn't get my two to do that. Love her dress, and I agree, dressing up a girl is soo fun!!

elizabeth said...

I LOVE that picture of the kids in their Easter clothes with the boys in their white shirts and ties and the Talia looking adorable!! How can you stand it!?! I mean really?? Sounds like you had fun without us, but we did miss you. You were our missing link this weekend. I loved your special moments with Weston and watching The Testaments. That's sweet. He is such a sweetie! Your blog just makes me miss them the more! Love to you all!

J, J and B said...

Love love love the Easter photos. Handsome boys and the funnest part of having a girl - Easter dresses. She looks so adorable! Very sweet how Weston enjoyed the The Testaments dvd. He sure is growing up!!