Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wishful Thinking

I wish it was nice enough weather for this. During Talia's naked time last night I couldn't resist trying on her little swimsuit. She loved it. Someday it will be summer . . . but not today.
Yesterday was haircut day. It was rainy all morning, but we managed to go take dinner to a friend and get haircuts in the little window of clouds but no rain. Unfortunately Sport Clips didn't have any suckers or candy for the boys (and that's the big incentive to be good), but fortunately it was right across the parking lot from Paradise Bakery, so we walked over and got a cookie as their reward instead. They got a little run-around-outside time in too before I felt a few raindrops and we headed home.

I have to give my boys a little shout out. They are both SO incredibly good for haircuts. They don't even need me to be by them. They hold still. They look down. They close their eyes. Davin still occasionally makes faces or whimpers if he gets hair on his face, but he is still a champ. Hooray for clean cut boys!

7 comments:

Beth said...

You have the cutest kids!

Tara said...

That picture of Talia!! I had to say out loud, "oh my GOSH, that is so cute!" What a little doll.
I'm not surprised your boys are good for haircuts, they are just plain good boys. :)
Jarom is surprisingly very good for haircuts, too. But the last time I took him, we went to the hair school where the high school girls are. Oh man, that poor girl had obviously never been around kids. Jarom was kinda scared, so he was being super still and quiet, but if he made the slightest movement, she would say, "You have to hold still" with an annoyed tone. And it took her almost an hour. PAINFUL! Will never, ever do that again.
K, see you tomorrow! oh yeah, what time... yes, let's do the picnic thing, do you want to just go at 11? sorry, i should have written back on FB

Hilary said...

So cute!

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh Talia looks so darling in her swimsuit! And I agree, this weather is KILLING me...I am so ready for warm, sunny days! I should have Johnny come watch your boys get their next hair cut so he can take lessons because getting his haircut is a nightmare. He hates being touched and he also hates loud noises/sharp objects so the combination of holding his head still and using a razor is disastrous. We've even taken him to cookie cutters and have bribed him with suckers, balloons, toys, movies, etc and it's still traumatic (think screaming, tears, hair sticking to his snot because he won't hold still, hair all over me because I'm holding his hands so he doesn't grab the razor or scissors, 3 suckers on the floor, and a very uneven haircut). So I'm glad to hear that it IS possible to have happy hair cutting experiences!

sara said...

Nice! How lucky you are to have them sit still for haircuts! And I'm sorry it's still not spring or summer weather. We are ready for bathing suits but need swim diapers so have yet to use the pool. Soon though....:)and hopefully soon for you too!

joyous said...

Those sure are handsome boys!! So fun that they are so good. I need to get the girls' hair cut too. I just don't want to spend the money.

And Talia looks pretty darn adorable in her swim suit!!

Liz Smith said...

oh my gosh, her little swimsuit is soooooo cute!!!!! i hope the weather warms up soon so you can show that cutie off! :)