Has it really been ten years since I graduated from high school? In some ways it feels like that ten years has flown by, but in other ways it has been an eternity. We finished off our California trip with a night in downtown Fullerton for my 10 year Sonora High School reunion. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but it really was a ton of fun and I'm very glad I went. I got to see lots of old friends that I had lost contact with or just hadn't physically seen in a long time.
I spent most of the night talking (more like yelling actually since the music was ridiculously loud). Ian was a good sport and came with me. He shook hands and looked handsome. :) I loved seeing how
everyone's lives have played out since high school. I was definitely not the norm having been married for almost 8 years and with 3 kids, but this is exactly where I wanted to be in life. No regrets. I could have stayed and visited for another hour or longer since I was having such a blast catching up with people, but around 10:30 we headed home since we had a
looong drive on Sunday.
Me and Steve Herring
Sarah Stein (friends since 3rd grade), me, Ian, Stephanie (drill team bff), Stephanie's husband, Ashley Glass
Some of my old teachers from HS . . . Mr. & Mrs. Clark, my swim coach Mr. Hawkins, and Mr. & Mrs. Boothroyd (they got engaged my junior year).
Victor, Kiren, and me. These are seriously two of the funniest people I know.
Me and Ashley Mains. I have been friends with Ashley forever. I think 1st grade? It was really great to catch up with her!
Stephanie, me, and Kristina . . . drill team buddies! So fun to see these girls!
Stephanie and me. I wish we lived closer!
Kristen, Kiren, Monique, and me. We always ate lunch together. Good times.
Me and Mackenzie. We were swimming bff's and worked on lots of projects for classes together over the years.

Sunday we drove all the way home. It was uneventful, just long. I sure do love California. The more I think about where I want to ultimately raise my family the more I find myself searching for a place as awesome as southern California. I don't know if anywhere else compares. In the meantime we will keep enjoying our trips.
It has been good to be home. We enjoyed every second of the last of our summer. It is still hot, but the pool will be closing after this next weekend and school has started, so the summer is mostly over. Speaking of school . . . Weston is at his first day of all day kindergarten right now. I sure hope he is enjoying it. Talia is napping and Davin is watching a movie. I think I'm going to like the school years.
6 comments:
Ya for going! I missed my 10 year and I have to say I am little bit sad about it. Looks like it was a nice night :)
Great pictures of everybody. Can't wait to see Weston's first day of school pictures! He was so fun to talk to today!! I got so much information out of him. . . .I felt like I was there ;-).
Woot! I love that you got so many pictures with your friends. That is super fun. It sounded like a great time. :)
I'm glad you had a fun 10 yr reunion. I totally regretted spending the $ on mine. It was okay but not worth it. Thats awesome that some teachers came to yours! Glad to see Mr and Mrs Clarke are still together. He was one of my favorite teachers.
Awesome! You look super tan and glow-y in these pictures. Glad you had a good time!
So fun you went to your reunion! I didn't go to mine, but will definitely go to the 20 year one! You sure have accomplished a lot over 10 years huh?! You should be proud!
Post a Comment