Friday we packed up the car and headed down to Corona Del Mar for the day. It was absolutely gorgeous weather. Hot in the sun, but there was a cool breeze. The water felt good too. Not that we went in past our knees or anything, but still. The boys loved digging, but did NOT love the sand that they both managed to get in their eyes. Weston had to go to the showers to rinse his face and when he came back he zonked out on the blanket for about 45 minutes. I covered him all up with a towel so he didn't get fried. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of him sprawled out asleep in the sun. We love the beach!



Talia LOVED the waves! She would kick and giggle and make all kinds of cute noises while we just stood there holding her hands. Talia got a little 20 minute nap in my arms, but other than that she didn't sleep. I was impressed with how happy she was without a good nap.


After a few hours we got in the car and drove up to Long Beach. We stopped in to visit with Grandma Snowball for a little bit and also got to see Aunt Chris and Uncle Dick for a couple minutes.

We ended our beach day down at Pooh's beach for the Olson Family Beach Party. It was a blast! We roasted hot dogs, brats, and sausages, made
smores, got to see all the family (including Brad and Mel!), celebrated birthdays, and the kids got to go on a pirate treasure hunt. Ian and I snuck away for a quick walk along the beach too. It was a long day and we were all pretty beat by the end, but we had so much fun. I sure miss living close to the beach.
Travis, Lance, Ian, and I at the Olson Family Beach Party
Uncle Rich and my dad. Such handsome guys. :)
Mel, Grandpa Olson, and Uncle Devar
Pirate Treasure Hunt!



Me and my sweetheart . . . Long Beach August 2011
6 comments:
your beach day sounds amazing! Gotta admit, I've only been to the beach once... as a 14 year old...and it was less than awesome. but your post makes me want to give it another chance...
I've been missing the beach ever since we left- I'm glad you guys got down there and had so much fun. I can't believe Weston starts Kindergarten this year! So fun!
What a fun beach day!!! It seriously is my favorite!
Talia seems like such a such a good little traveler! Lucky you! What a fun, memorable trip with all of your family!
Yay for a fun beach day!! Love all the fun things you did while here in California :)
Wow! I love the beach and it looks like you had a blast going to all 3 beaches! What a fun CA trip. I'm super jealous:)
Post a Comment