Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Some Stuff About Our Family

2011 Bowles Family Wrap-Up
2011 found Ian celebrating his 6 year anniversary of working at Verite. He is still designing, but has also taken on more of a project management role as well. It has been both rewarding and challenging. Ian spent the year balancing work with family time and his very busy calling in the bishopric of our ward. He also spent most weekends in the Fall attending BYU football games with his season tickets. We love the times when we get to be all together as a family, even if they are not as easy to come by as they have been in the past.
I have been a busy girl this year also. Besides the repetitive busyness of being a stay at home mother of three little ones, I have also spent the year working extensively with the youth in our ward as Young Women president. We did get to take a few family trips this summer. We traveled to Oregon via Boise to visit with the Bowles side of the family in June. We had a wonderful time visiting the coast and OMSI. In August we spent a week in California with the Olson side of the family. We enjoyed hanging out at the beach, playing with cousins, and attending my 10 year high school reunion.
Weston is a big 5 year old kindergartner this year! He attends full day kindergarten and loves every minute. He is getting better and better at reading on his own and loves to write stories. Weston is such a good, nice kid. He makes friends easily and is a great helper at home. This Fall Weston started taking Karate lessons. It has been lots of fun for him. Ian and I have enjoyed watching him get stronger and better each week. He is an orange dragon belt. Weston loves playing on the computer/phone/Wii, reading, Webkinz, and bubble gum.
Davin turned 3 this year. He goes to preschool twice a week and seems to enjoy it. Davin is a happy, fun little boy. He says the funniest things and is constantly making us laugh. Davin has recently learned to write his name and say prayers all by himself. Davin loves playing Cars, Spiderman, frogs, playing on the computer/phone/Wii, and hot dogs.
Our sweet baby girl Talia just turned 1! 2011 started with her as a teeny little infant and now she is babbling, scooting around, standing, and sleeping through the night. Babies change so much in that first year. We have loved watching her grow and learn new things. She is also the cutest girl in the world. Talia loves Baby Einsteins, her activity table, and yogurt.

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

May I just go on record as saying I love all the cute kids in the Bowles family!! Thanks for the recap ;-)

Tara said...

Great post. If I had imagined your family when we were just 18 year olds at BYU, I don't think I could have imagined it any cuter than it is. You guys rock, love you! :)

Hilary said...

She is so cute! They all are!

Kate said...

Sounds like a very good and successful year. Here's to some extra family time in 2012 ;)

Shan said...

Can I just say that I"m so glad that you blog? I love that I get to stay connected, even though it's been years since we've seen each other! I bet you're he best YW president ever! What responsibility! And as always, your kids are adorable!

Tasha said...

What a fun post!! It is amazing all the things these kids accomplish and develop in one year.