We have had a mild winter, so I can't really complain, but it has been rainy and chilly this week. Really gray, you know? Friday, however, was just beautiful. It warmed up to about 55 degrees and the sun peeked out. I picked up Weston from school early and had promised the kids an outing. We ended up deciding to go over to Gardener Village. It was a perfect day for it. The place was practically empty, the ducks were all out basking in the sun alongside us, and we got to peruse all the fun shops.




We got a treat at the candy shop and ate out in the sunshine while we watched the ducks (I didn't have any bread to feed them). After our sugar we were thirsty and I didn't have a water bottle so we walked over to the bakery to get some water. We were talking with the lady checking us out at the bakery about the ducks and she offered us some bread ends to feed them. It was so nice! So after the bakery we spent some time playing with the train table in the toy shop before going back outside and feeding the ducks. They were all hungry since it's the middle of winter, so they were coming right up to the kids for some bread. Davin got a little nervous about how close the white ducks were getting and backed into a tree. It was funny. Talia went nuts for the ducks too. The whole outing just made me happy.

Switching topics . . . let's talk about hair. First let's discuss mine. I am growing it out. I hate growing my hair out. I really don't know why I am doing it except for that I kind of want to do something different and Ian likes it longer. For Christmas I wanted a new straightener, but I didn't want to spend $100, so I picked one that had good reviews in a lower price range and told Ian which one to get. :) I was so excited about it, but when I tried it out Christmas morning I was disappointed. It pulled my hair. If you straighten then you know what I'm talking about. I used it for a couple weeks hoping it would work, but I really just wanted one that would be nice and smooth like my sister's nice one. I ended up returning the John Frieda one.
I stumbled on
this Chi on Amazon the next day for just $10 more shipped than what Ian had paid for the other one. I ordered it. It arrived on Wednesday and I immediately had to plug it in and try it out. It is SO much fun to use! And bonus it's cute and orange.
Yay! I went a little nuts that first night and just straightened my whole head of hair and flipped it out a little. If you are in the market I highly recommend
this straightener!

Now onto the other little lady of the house . . . I have been trying out new hairstyles on Talia since her hair is getting so long. If I don't do anything with it then it hangs in her eyes and looks kind of weird. On Friday I tried piggy tails. Oh my goodness I cannot even tell you how cute and grown up she looks in piggy tails! You'll just have to check out the picture for yourself.

Saturday was a rarity. We had nothing on the calendar! Ian and I both went to the gym, Weston went to karate, I ran to the grocery store by myself, and then we all went together to the mall for a little outing. I'm not going to whine, but just know that the crazy Utah weather pulled a 180 on us and we got 4 inches of snow on Saturday.
Sheesh! We had friends over for dessert and games (don't worry I totally rocked at Yahtzee) and ended the evening by watching a movie a movie snuggled up on the couch. It was really a wonderful Saturday.
The only negative was that Weston was SO whiny! Finally in the late afternoon he had a major meltdown and I realized that he really just wasn't feeling good. His throat hurt. He actually asked to take his medicine and go to bed while our friends were here. Considering how social Weston is that must mean he
really wasn't feeling well. Poor kid. I went to meetings all morning before church but then came home and stayed with the kids during the block. I was kind of bummed to miss hearing Ian's talk, but I think Weston really needed the down time. All in all it has been a relaxing, fun weekend. I wish more of our weekends were this chill!
3 comments:
Seriously?? 55 degrees on Friday and 4 inches on snow on Saturday?? However, we're suppose to have a storm and rain on Monday and then 81 degrees on Wednesday and Thursday. Your Saturday sounds wonderful. . .mine was a crazy, crazy one. I left the house at 8:25 a.m. and didn't get home until 5:00 p.m. Then we had our Stake Conference meeting at 7:00 and I helped do the interpreting. Today was rather busy too. . . so now I'm going to bed. Love you! Good night!
I love Talia's pigtails! So cute!
Talia looks like such a big girl with those adorable pigtails...love it!
Post a Comment