Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weston's 6th Birthday Party

Today was Weston's big birthday party. We had it at McDonald's. This is the first time I have done a party anywhere other than our house and I was giddy at how not stressed I was. I didn't have to clean my house or prepare food or bring anything. All we had to do was show up. It was still a little chaotic because there were 10 kids running around and needing different things during lunch, but I would definitely say it was a success.
A few minutes after I took this picture they put balloons at each kid's place too. It was very fun and festive.
The kids played while everyone arrived, then we ordered food and ate. When the kids were done eating they played some more while we cleared the tables. We finished things off with presents and cake and more playing. There was also randomly an employee doing face painting, so the kids all got their faces painted. Bonus!
Weston had a great time with his friends and opening presents. Talia knocked the cake off the table and onto the floor, but it was covered and survived pretty well. The one thing I would do differently next time would be to leave Talia with a sitter. It would have been much easier if I hadn't had to keep her happy through nap time in a busy, public place while supervising lots of other kids. Good thing she's so cute. All in all it was definitely worth the money to leave the mess and head home at the end. Hooray for another successful birthday party!
Just because it was the first time I put bows in her piggys.
Coloring and playing with toys after the party this afternoon.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hooray for less stress! LOVE Talia's bowed piggies... she is so cute. Did Weston love his party?

Tara said...

The kids had a blast. I wish I could have been there to help you out, that does sound a little chaotic.
I had no idea McDonalds could provide a birthday cake, too- that IS easy! Thanks for having my kids and Justin feels really bad that he was late picking them up, sorry about that.:(
Happy Birth day to Weston!

elizabeth said...

Looks like a fun and successful party!! (I'm over stimulated just looking at the pictures.) I've been waiting to see cute bows in Talia's hair! Super cute! We plan to FaceTime this afternoon.

Love you!!

sara said...

Awesome party! I remember Tasha having a party at McDonald's when she was little. It was the best!

Carly said...

Haha... Sara and I are totally on the same page... this reminded me of Tasha's party at McDs when she was little. I love that it totally eliminated the stress! And I don't know what it is about McDs... but kids LOVE it. We took our kids over the Christmas break with the Gma Snowball gift certificates (Raymond's first time) and he now asks for hamburgers ALL THE TIME. Cracks me up.

Happy Birthday, Weston!

(and the piggies are ADORABLE)

joyous said...

So fun!! I love the bows in the piggies too. :) I'm still jealous of your stress-free, on budget party!!

Pamela said...

Not having to stress over planning or cleaning up afterwards sounds fantastic! Happy Birthday, Weston!